1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I've seen one. It is a light brown color, almost dark khaki, MII, not sure which cut but I would guess 19cm.

I wear 28 in 19cm or 17.5cm cut. I don't think the waist size or thighs are different, it's only the leg opening and back rise IIRC (.5" higher in 19 cm cut).

The SoHo store in NYC is receiving the first A/W14 pieces next week, so they could maybe send you a picture if you're interested and based out of Australia.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. ShinyDuke

ShinyDuke Member

I see. I wonder if the Dior boutique here is going to have any AW14 pieces soon. I plan on going on Wednesday to cop a pair of blue jeans. Do you have any experience with the current season blue jeans?

3. AliWong

AliWong Member

Hi there, quite new to the forum and a big fan of how Dior Homme blazers are cut. I'm 18 and am looking at buying a dior homme blazer online and have been wondering what size to purchase due to the slim cut. I always thought that I was a eu46, but upon measuring myself I found my measurements aligning with that of an eu48? (In terms of purely chest size at least)

I looked online that most suits are cut with a 6inch drop from chest to waist but my measurements are:

Chest: 38 inches
    Waist: 29.5inches
    Circumference of Torso (I.e. overarm - chest+shoulders) : 44inches

at 5ft9 and 66kgs

I dont know how relevant the 'drop' is as I am only interested in a blazer and dont know if that is factored into how the suit is cut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Thanks

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I hate to say it but you're probably more if a 48 with some alterations to take the body in and maybe a half inch off the length.

I say hate to say it because the 46 would look better for now but you're right in between and if you grown even a little more the blazer may pull in places and be too tight on the shoulders.

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

No sorry. How'd it go?

6. AliWong

AliWong Member

Thanks for the help!
    I dont think i'd want to get it altered as i'm always too worried it'll come out badly. I found a blazer form ss10 with measurements of s2s:16.5" and p2p 19.5" so figured that would fit but it sounded quite big for a eu46. I guess i'll just pass and wait till I totally finish growing, which is a shame...

Ah well, someday

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

If it helps, you should have no problem selling a 46 Dior blazer if you end up growing out of it. That's the most popular size.

8. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

If your chest is 38 inch w/o shirt on 19.5inch would probably be tight if you button it down wearing more than just a tee. Then again it depends since its a little down of you actual chest. it that makes sense/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  9. hooya2

hooya2 Senior member

10. kmert

kmert Active Member

I'm looking for MIJ 17.5 raw in BLACK, sz 31 and new.

If anybody was able to obtain this model recently, can you point me out how?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  11. AliWong

AliWong Member

12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Looks good to me. Logo looks correct, stitching all makes sense, even the size lettering on the inside is the format they use for other shoes.

The only thing that threw me was a) the zipper and b) the size of the heel, both of which I've never seen before (i.e., that style and the 2.5"), but maybe it's just a unique style or something only sold in Europe or Japan.

Price is about 40% what I'd expect for them, so I hear you that you may be a little suspicious but the seller has great feedback. Good luck! They look great and easy to wear.

13. AliWong

AliWong Member

I took a gamble and I will return them if the quality isn't what i'd expect from dior homme. Thank you for the quick reply again SirGrotius, you are always willing to help with your wealth of knowledge!

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Do Dior Homme jeans go on sale anywhere?

15. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

The basics rarely do, the seasonal ones do during the end of season sales, at department stores at least. The Dior Homme boutiques no longer have sales, apparently.

Looking for something in particular, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

1 person likes this.
  16. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  17. eyeq8402

eyeq8402 Senior member

Have a pair of raw selvedge made in morocco sz 31 19cm for sale in the marketplace if anyone is interested. Thank you

18. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

Does anyone in here know where one can find a skinny light washed and lighter weight denim with a long inseam (36"+) I feel like Diors my only option, but I can pay 700$ for jeans. I would go as high as 300 for the perfect pair. My waist is usually like 33 and I need at least a 36 inseam. I usually buy naked and famous skinny guys bc they are 37" but for the summer I don't want raw denim. I want a prewashed light faded look. Thanks!

19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Great question, the only ones in that price range and length that come to mind are raw denim.