• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Cut out the bull-skyte and just get UC to use OnlyFans, and pay him $5/mo on OF. Refuse to explain or elaborate.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Was just having this convo with my wife this morning (she opened with "I think I saw something on Twitter that might have been Derek Guy"). He's basically making all points he's always made here--and that I've learned a lot from, to be clear--and going viral for it, routinely.

There are lots of shitheads in the comments (things like "Wearing a suit instead my camo cargo shorts and flipflops? What are you, some kind of woke libtard ***??" etc) because humanity sucks in general and Twitter is pretty much Western civilization's blooper reel, but overall I am pleasantly surprised by how DWW has managed to reach a few people who came in to tell their tired disdainful jokes but are now curious and asking questions in good faith. Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience to deal with this cockshittery. Derek's like the Max Von Sydow character in the Stallone Judge Dredd movie, venturing out beyond the walls of Mega-City One to bring some law to the lawless.

jaaz16

Reaction score
, but overall I am pleasantly surprised by how DWW has managed to reach a few people who came in to tell their tired disdainful jokes but are now curious and asking questions in good faith.
yeah it’s been fun to see some of my colleagues/distant acquaintances IRL interact with him and ask about where to get this or that, not unlike any of us did here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I've been enjoying the twitter threads and IG memes, I do miss Derek's direct participation here and also his long form posts on his website. I hope he doesn't stop posting articles there entirely

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new platform for Clothes Talker?

But seriously @UrbanComposition you should find another way for people to subscribe to your stuff other than IG via applepay if possible so I don’t have to explain to the Mrs what I’m paying IG 5/mo for and that yes it’s another menswear thing and not some OF girl or something.
we’ve got a few ideas bouncing around…

karmaguy

Reaction score
Random realization: walking around my college campus, every random undergrad is now wearing fear of god essentials and it seemed to have happened overnight. Anyone else noticing FoG essentials all over the place ? Looks sorta like John Elliott to me with more branding…

ezev

Reaction score
Random realization: walking around my college campus, every random undergrad is now wearing fear of god essentials and it seemed to have happened overnight. Anyone else noticing FoG essentials all over the place ? Looks sorta like John Elliott to me with more branding…

I've been seeing it a lot around London. It's priced well enough compared to the mainline and communicates your status I guess. Lots of celebrity endorsements as well.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Just saw that right-wing Twatter (but I repeat myself) is annoyed that "the menswear guy" is taking over all the feeds and blocking the space where their drivel might have otherwise been seen, and I'm totally here for it. I never would have guessed in a million years that some faceless middle-aged goober, albeit an extremely articulate one in a Steed suit, would rise up to be the people's champion but here we are. What a time to be alive. He's also telling very thoughtful and informative stories while he's at it about clothes and their role in various internet hot-button topics such as class, gender signaling, global trade, climate change, all of it, and it's wildly refreshing to see this discussed in a format more sophisticated than emotional hot-takes from room temp IQ types who don't actually know what they're talking about.

On the other hand it appears that Derek has now run into the inevitable ball of angry white male grievance that makes up like 99% of the non-pr0n parts of the internet (something about WASP attire and retvrn [sic] guys??), and while I do know how much he loves engaging in pedantic forever wars like any true academic, I wonder how long he can sustain this against this great coalition of incels, unskilled laborers, Christian hypocrites, self-help podcasters, and their cynical politically-motivated handlers before he eventually throws up his hands for his own sanity, like with the oxfords+chinos kerfluffle.*

*though I guess the jury is probably still out, huh, on what is more offensive, full-blown white male supremacy or marbled green shell oxfords paired with skinny beige cotton pants.

Last edited:

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the green shell oxfords have antique brass eyelets?

Why do I ask, I know they do

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I feel like I need a nice DWW twitter thread, without actually, yknow, engaging with twitter. Anyone wanna put one (or some) together? Pretty please?

polyfusion

Reaction score
hey all. I have been absent here since a post pandemic significant income change.. have had to reduce my time spent online engaging in fashion as I have a disposable income now that genuinely covers approximately one Japanese tshirt per year.
Anyway.
Just came back to say, what on earth is happening on Twitter. I see I’m not the first person to bring this up but wow. How has DWW become mixed up in this hell scape? Derek, I can’t even imagine how you’re coping. Hopefully SF and this thread has not seen a similar influx of crazy and you still have refuge amongst friends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads