• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree that greens and olives come into their own in linen or cotton. The casual appearance of the fabric goes with the more casual color.

I have a cotton suit that is a dark green and it looks great. Like others, I am uncertain if a worsted wool suit in the same color would look as nice.

41L35W

Reaction score
0E3FA15B-5351-4FA5-A39E-D3DD8676F501.jpeg

My mother passed this lapis pendant on to me at Thanksgiving. I am happy to have it just for the memory of her wearing it but even better would be to wear it myself. Any guidance on what sort of chain would be best for a man and still fit the pendant? The ring through which the chain would run is very small but perhaps there are transition clasps? Would a leather string work? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You could have a jeweler add a slightly larger loop for a few bucks. I like the idea of that on a leather 'string' more than on a chain.

41L35W

Reaction score
View attachment 1711908
My mother passed this lapis pendant on to me at Thanksgiving. I am happy to have it just for the memory of her wearing it but even better would be to wear it myself. Any guidance on what sort of chain would be best for a man and still fit the pendant? The ring through which the chain would run is very small but perhaps there are transition clasps? Would a leather string work? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I ended up, with the help of a jeweler in Salem, Oregon, with this set up:
5513DD1C-4830-4EAC-A357-8FB4BFFC8C40.jpeg

AW84

Reaction score
Looks great!
I don’t own a western but I believe they’re cut a bit longer in the body than the workshirt?

I’m 6’2 and about 205lbs. A Large from most US brands fits me TTS. I’m wearing an XXL here. I have a bit of extra room in the shoulders and sleeve, but I prefer that to having it too tight. I tried XL in the store when I bought this but it was pulling too much when I moved.

Attachments

• 36C01E5F-FEE5-4993-BAFE-BC8853DA59EA.jpeg
    36C01E5F-FEE5-4993-BAFE-BC8853DA59EA.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 9FFF9189-E301-43D1-8EF2-E208E055671F.jpeg
    9FFF9189-E301-43D1-8EF2-E208E055671F.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 99

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my frizmworks order just got here from koreanbuddy, and I have to say the Karakoram is really amazing. I also grabbed one of the balmacaans, and it too is great. sleeves don't seem to be insanely short, I am 6'3 and about 240 and the sleeves hit right at my wrist. both are perfect, and all-in was less than $500. also highly recommend KB, as Zissou said, it was easy and fast.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t own a western but I believe they’re cut a bit longer in the body than the workshirt?

I’m 6’2 and about 205lbs. A Large from most US brands fits me TTS. I’m wearing an XXL here. I have a bit of extra room in the shoulders and sleeve, but I prefer that to having it too tight. I tried XL in the store when I bought this but it was pulling too much when I moved.
The westerns definitely rum slimmer than the work shirts. I'm right on the cusp between an xl and xxl also a large in most US brands 5'10" 185 If you know the model number Iron Heart gives individual measurements for every shirt on their website.

Budd

Reaction score
my frizmworks order just got here from koreanbuddy, and I have to say the Karakoram is really amazing. I also grabbed one of the balmacaans, and it too is great. sleeves don't seem to be insanely short, I am 6'3 and about 240 and the sleeves hit right at my wrist. both are perfect, and all-in was less than $500. also highly recommend KB, as Zissou said, it was easy and fast.

what size did you take in the balmacaan? TTS?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the most recent version of the Karakoram or the 2020 version? The newest one comes in beige, olive, and black, and uses different buttons as well as lacks corduroy lined collar. The older version only has the beige version. I'd also be interested to hear about the bal sizing.

One more thing, seems like you can just order off the frizmworks site and ship (not a flat rate, depends on the items it seems). Is Koreanbuddy cheaper?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads