• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

gurakshun

Reaction score
Having some real trouble finding gloves that are warm, high end and elegant (I.e. well fitting) and that are touchscreen compatible.

I see lavabre cadet does this via Camille fournet and while this is ok, I was hoping to find other options that were not that expensive.

It has been a few years since Derek’s post about gloves and some of those manufacturers seem to be nonexistent today.

Lastly, what is the rationale for the lack of proliferation of gloves that have touchscreen capability? Do people with regular gloves literally pull the gloves off their hand in arctic temperatures/snow just to use their phones?

MattyS

Reaction score
Having some real trouble finding gloves that are warm, high end and elegant (I.e. well fitting) and that are touchscreen compatible.

I see lavabre cadet does this via Camille fournet and while this is ok, I was hoping to find other options that were not that expensive.
I've been quite happy with the Fort Belvedere cashmere-lined gloves I've purchased. They have touchscreen-compatible gloves here.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got around to trying Moscot’s Shtarker model after seeing it appear in a few DWW articles

Quite like them! Thoughts?

I think they look really cool. Would you wear them as opticals? I think they look good that way or with a slight tint.

1638104931007.png

Angel91

Reaction score
I’m sorry I haven’t posted at all in this thread but I follow it with great attention. Seeing that you guys are talking about green, some time ago I bought this one, it was a sample, it fit me good otr and I liked the texture (it’s wool silk), but I don’t know how to wear it. I have matching pants. How would you wear it separately and as a suit?

Attachments

• 6F89D6A7-2C40-4EA7-A7DF-858333A1058D.png
    6F89D6A7-2C40-4EA7-A7DF-858333A1058D.png
    869.5 KB · Views: 57

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note of thanks to @dieworkwear for the Conair sweater shaver recommendation. This thing is simply amazing and cost $13.

At first glance the original article looks a bit like a Cosmo marital aid review, it's still well worth reading.

View attachment 1711270

Seconded! This is a great product. Wife and I use ours our quite a bit. Zero complaints.Works well and, as stated, was inexpensive.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw you mentioned this Monitaly jacket in your posts about sales @dieworkwear. I noticed it a few weeks back and I am digging it. Might be difficult to pull off though...

M30012-Italian-Jail-Jacket,-Swiss-Army-Wool-Blanket.jpg
M30012-Italian-Jail-Jacket,-Swiss-Army-Wool-Blanket-Back.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got around to trying Moscot’s Shtarker model after seeing it appear in a few DWW articles

Quite like them! Thoughts?

Those look great on you. I think they can work as regular optical, slightly tinted if you want a sleazy look, or as sunglasses.

Yea, many of those old AA drawings didn't portray black people in the best ways.

I’m sorry I haven’t posted at all in this thread but I follow it with great attention. Seeing that you guys are talking about green, some time ago I bought this one, it was a sample, it fit me good otr and I liked the texture (it’s wool silk), but I don’t know how to wear it. I have matching pants. How would you wear it separately and as a suit?

I think that can work as a suit if you want a fun casual suit. Otherwise, I think the sport coat can work with mid-gray trousers. Would do something like tropical wool given (what I can tell) of that jacket's texture. If you scroll through Gianluca Migliarotti's Instagram, you can see him wearing a similar sport coat sometimes.

I saw you mentioned this Monitaly jacket in your posts about sales @dieworkwear. I noticed it a few weeks back and I am digging it. Might be difficult to pull off though...

I like it, although the Swiss Army blanket vibe also reminds me of 2000-era home decor trends.

deanandrewj

Reaction score
How is sizing on those Iron Heart ultra heavy flannels? Seems like most size up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads