• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of Frizmworks, the Karakoram in particular.
The Balmacaan is very good - very heavy. Unfortunately the arms are quite short.
Full disclosure, the owner of AllBlues co is a friend, but I would say they have consistently brought relatively unknown Korean brands to the UK and I’m always impressed, particularly considering the comparatively affordable prices.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Balmacaan is very good - very heavy. Unfortunately the arms are quite short.
Full disclosure, the owner of AllBlues co is a friend, but I would say they have consistently brought relatively unknown Korean brands to the UK and I’m always impressed, particularly considering the comparatively affordable prices.
Good to know about the bal, I was considering that as well but short arms on a coat like that are basically a deal breaker. Korea is pretty slept on still. Aside from Frizmworks, I've liked what I saw from Uniform Bridge in person and Eastlogue as well.

kevenmee

Reaction score

As somebody who always complains that everything is just a little too long in the arm (including KS Travelers that I had to get tailored), I'm really pumped by this.

'patanoster

Reaction score
I am a big fan of all blues co's selection in general. My one complaint is that they never get small sizes of trousers in (online at least, I've not been to the shop itself) so us waifs miss out.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
I am a big fan of all blues co's selection in general. My one complaint is that they never get small sizes of trousers in (online at least, I've not been to the shop itself) so us waifs miss out.
For what it’s worth the Korean trousers come up small, as do Resolute jeans which they also stock.
Balmacaan fans will be heartened to learn that new coats are coming in stock soon from another Korean brand, Belief.

Last edited:

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to pop in ask for some advice about brushes for clothing. I remember Derek recommending Kent brushes, but not sure which model is best suited for wool garments (tailoring) primarily.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wanted to pop in ask for some advice about brushes for clothing. I remember Derek recommending Kent brushes, but not sure which model is best suited for wool garments (tailoring) primarily.

I think they can all be used on wool tailoring. My impression is that Kent has made different kinds of brushes just to fill out a product line. But realistically, you can use any of them on a tailored garment.

I have the double-side CP20 and single-sided CP6. Kent uses different types of bristles to achieve different levels of stiffness. On different brushes, the bristles are also cut to different lengths to change their flexibility.

The CP20 has two sides: a stiffer, long-haired side and a softer, short-haired side. The CP6 has a bristle length equal to the shorter side on the CP20, but is somewhere between the two CP20 sides in terms of softness.

I bought the CP6 because it's designated for cashmere garments, but when I received it, I found the differences to be so small. Realistically, I never remember which side to use for what, and I never test against my arm or fingers to see which has the "right" softness for what material. I just brush. If it's a delicate material, I brush a little gentler.

I like the CP20 better than the CP6 because it's larger, fits more comfortably into the hand, and has two sides in case I want the option. It's only a little more expensive than the single-sided brushes. FWIW, Kent is having a Black Friday sale right now and clothing brushes are 20% off.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving all!

I was hoping to get recs on where I could grab a camel-colored turtle/roll neck. Looking for a pale, desaturated camel and would consider paying up to ~$300. NMWA carried a nice one from doppiaa last season but it’s long gone, and I haven’t been able to find anything else that really speaks to me.

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
I think they can all be used on wool tailoring. My impression is that Kent has made different kinds of brushes just to fill out a product line. But realistically, you can use any of them on a tailored garment.

I have the double-side CP20 and single-sided CP6. Kent uses different types of bristles to achieve different levels of stiffness. On different brushes, the bristles are also cut to different lengths to change their flexibility.

The CP20 has two sides: a stiffer, long-haired side and a softer, short-haired side. The CP6 has a bristle length equal to the shorter side on the CP20, but is somewhere between the two CP20 sides in terms of softness.

I bought the CP6 because it's designated for cashmere garments, but when I received it, I found the differences to be so small. Realistically, I never remember which side to use for what, and I never test against my arm or fingers to see which has the "right" softness for what material. I just brush. If it's a delicate material, I brush a little gentler.

I like the CP20 better than the CP6 because it's larger, fits more comfortably into the hand, and has two sides in case I want the option. It's only a little more expensive than the single-sided brushes. FWIW, Kent is having a Black Friday sale right now and clothing brushes are 20% off.
Are you referring to the CC20?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you referring to the CC20?

Whoops, yes. Sorry about that typo. I meant to write that I have the CC20 and CP6.

IMG_8832.jpeg

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving all!

I was hoping to get recs on where I could grab a camel-colored turtle/roll neck. Looking for a pale, desaturated camel and would consider paying up to ~$300. NMWA carried a nice one from doppiaa last season but it’s long gone, and I haven’t been able to find anything else that really speaks to me.

Not sure if these are exactly the color you are looking for, but...

A. Hume 1 (Lockie) and 2 (Lockie cashmere)
1637902871983.png

1637902835744.png

Rubato 1 & 2
1637902980108.png

1637903033628.png

O'Connell's 1 and 2 (outside price range)
1637903505767.png

1637903539147.png

Jamieson's via End (currently on sale)
1637903787378.png

Bryceland's
1637905059153.png

Colhay's
1637905899937.png

Luca Faloni
1637906004632.png

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember where I read this, but I saw a recommendation that many green wool suits tend to look odd and a bit cheap compared to a green cotton or linen suit.

Now I can't unsee this.

timjin

Reaction score
Hi, any recommendations for chino shorts? Kind of like these but if there’s something better quality to be looking for. Let me know if this has been asked before and where that thread may be found thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads