• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Derek, I hate to screw up your thread, but damn, these pants. Just picked up a pair in brown and I can see getting a few more colours.

IMG_6076.jpeg

Off to buy some Tecovas.

lefty

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one in europe that knows of a good place to pick up western inspired side zip boots?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek, I hate to screw up your thread, but damn, these pants. Just picked up a pair in brown and I can see getting a few more colours.

View attachment 1692413

Off to buy some Tecovas.

lefty
I haven’t worn bootcut in years and years but in the back of my mind I’ve never really let go of the belief that it’s the most flattering style of pants there is…

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ On me, these tend to be a little more flared than a traditional boot cut. I can get my regular size on but they would be cowboy tight and not the look I'm after. So sized up one, they flare a touch more. Ideally, I would like to split the size difference as there is a lot of room in the waist in the upsize.

Women have known for years that it's a flattering look and as I'm from the '60s it feels right at home.

lefty

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven’t worn bootcut in years and years but in the back of my mind I’ve never really let go of the belief that it’s the most flattering style of pants there is…

My favorite fit ever in RRL denim is the slim bootcut. They rarely release denim in this fit anymore, so I am resisting urge to wash the ones I have so I can wear a pair on my first day in the retirement home..

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Levis stacked boot denim (517?) with roper boots were my daily driver work or play for many years. I had a pair in the early 70s that were completely patched except for the shredded bells, pocket tops and waistband. Someone moved a camera and a bottle of tequila to steal them out of the back of my VW van while I was tripping at a beach in Sabastian Inlet Fla.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve always liked bootcut but on me, they need to be high waisted and paired with a short jacket for the best effect.

Also @lefty can look great in a dirty potato sack so there’s that.

Good lighting.

You might dig these as the waist is fairly high. They key is to get your length right so you don't have to hem them and lose any of that sweet sweet flare.

lefty

cr2596

Reaction score
Levis stacked boot denim (517?) with roper boots were my daily driver work or play for many years. I had a pair in the early 70s that were completely patched except for the shredded bells, pocket tops and waistband. Someone moved a camera and a bottle of tequila to steal them out of the back of my VW van while I was tripping at a beach in Sabastian Inlet Fla.
Hell yeah.

karmaguy

Reaction score
I forgot if it was the LA post or the ranchwear post that inspired this search, but i've been looking for a black western shirt for a bit now...I was originally going to grab the Johnny Cash one from Iron heart but it's ultra heavy so now i'm considering one from indigofera and was curious what y'all think of it:

Indigofera-RymanShirt-BlackDenim-Flat-13_2000x.jpg

Also would gladly take any other reqs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads