• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

espen

Reaction score
Hoo doggy. Look at these beefy boys.

Untitled-280_28fe934b-a756-42a9-b45a-ba16c7955802_800x.jpg

StaticProgression

Reaction score
I was wondering about those. How would you describe the fit? I had some cords from Taylor Stitch a few years ago but found them to be too snug for my liking.

Based on your feedback on those, I just checked out the measurements, the Spier & Mackay 5-pocket cords may fit your need for more room to move. I've been looking into those for a more relaxed thigh measurement while still being decently cut. There are 2 cuts to check out. https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/green---5-pocket-corduroy--skm-grn-crdy-fw21

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this pair and really like them. I went with my normal waist and find they fit trim but not overly slim. I don’t know enough about what to look for in “quality” to speak knowledgeably about that, but they seem nice and I certainly haven’t noticed big issues like loose threads or pilling. I just got them in the spring, so I can’t attest to longevity.

I’m glad Trunk updated the product photo, because they previously looked more brown than green — when IRL they definitely lean more green.

Throwing these out here as I'm also trying to find some decent 5-pocket cords, from Trunk.

https://www.trunkclothiers.com/products/trunk-duke-corduroy-5-pocket-trousers-faded-olive?variant=15424624558115

Last edited:

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get five-pocket cords in this color, but am currently wearing RRL jeans in a very similar color and think I might be needlessly doubling up. But they seem like a good alternative to khaki chinos.

Absolutely a pot calling the kettle black situation here but Mr. 14 O’Connells shetlands and 5 MMM 5 zips is worried about needlessly doubling up?

I have a bunch of 5 pocket cords from a lot of makers and the ones from J Crew are as good as others 3-4x the price. Uniqlo U has made some in the past with a nice high rise and straight leg but unfortunately I didn’t see any in the collection this year.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any RTW makers that do a chesterfield style coat but with raglan shoulders and notch lapels? Pretty much like the KS below but raglan.

View attachment 1689979
I was going to do a search and suggest SEH Kelly's Chesterfield that comes out every year or two.

I even found one in B&S, but it turns out you are the one selling it.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SEH is peak lapel. Buttoning point is a bit too low for my liking.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Last edited:

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Hoo doggy. Look at these beefy boys.

Untitled-280_28fe934b-a756-42a9-b45a-ba16c7955802_800x.jpg

Dang these are cool. Have never bought anything from corridor but they’ve been intriguing lately. Those acid plaid shirts looks great.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang these are cool. Have never bought anything from corridor but they’ve been intriguing lately. Those acid plaid shirts looks great.

I have an acid plaid shirt. The arms are cut really narrow. I am by no means muscular and it's tight all the way down my arms from the biceps to the forearms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads