• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

clemente21

Reaction score
132167A4-F3B7-48B0-9D10-0FB56DA265AA.jpeg

ranchwear adjacent

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily specifically related to this thread, but I didn't quiet know where else to post.

Do any of you guys buy multiples of an item that you really like and hold onto them for future use? Maybe its a seasonal item, or maybe your worried that the company will shutdown, or maybe concerned about a declining quality, etc?
T-Shirts.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys buy multiples of an item that you really like and hold onto them for future use?

I've got 6 pairs of white Engineered Garments Vans slip-ons. Just started wearing the last new pair, and the rest are pretty trashed, so I'm glad I stocked up.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy them all at once. Got my first pair in 2016 I think, then added a couple each summer for the few years they were released. Not the greatest quality shoe though!

jimney

Reaction score
I loaded up on REI Co-op boxer briefs back in 2017 after I discovered how great they were. Shortly after that they changed the design, so I’m just riding my current stock into the ground.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Absolutely loved the ranch dressing piece. Never read a better article on it, and doubt one even exists.

Must say,not had the same joy from my Brycelands sawtooth that everyone else seems to have had. Find the shape quite hard to wear and the fit too cosy.. something impossible to discover until you’re 10 washes in and the shirt is unreturnable.

polyfusion

Reaction score
This confused me. Couldn't figure out why you were talking about salad.
LOL

No, the piece on DWW, that was both beautifully and impressionistically written yet somehow still about clothes.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely loved the ranch dressing piece. Never read a better article on it, and doubt one even exists.

Must say,not had the same joy from my Brycelands sawtooth that everyone else seems to have had. Find the shape quite hard to wear and the fit too cosy.. something impossible to discover until you’re 10 washes in and the shirt is unreturnable.

What didn't you like about the fit and shape of the Bryceland's, more specifically?

polyfusion

Reaction score
What didn't you like about the fit and shape of the Bryceland's, more specifically?

might just be my body shape but it’s too fitted for me and ends up catching on my hips and pushing the shirt upwards quite unflatteringly - even though I’m slim it makes me look quite wide.
I also find the collar doesn’t go under jackets as well as Instagram would have you believe, but tbf on a shirt like this, that isn’t the point.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got 6 pairs of white Engineered Garments Vans slip-ons. Just started wearing the last new pair, and the rest are pretty trashed, so I'm glad I stocked up.
I did the same with Clarks Desert Boots. Would always look for the Cola Suede for a good price and wait for the sole of each to give out. Best looking Desert Boots, but the quality never lasts.

pwbower

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the "fun suits" piece. I think this is the other side of the coin from the hand-wringing about the death of traditional clothes: The suit is dead. Long live the suit. When you don't have to wear anything in particular, you can wear anything you like.

For me, suits have always been fun. When I was in bands in my 20s, I'd wear vintage mod suits and rip them to shreds on stage. When I got more serious about collecting, I'd flash my vintage BB sack suits or early RL and foulard ties at my advertising job, where everyone was wearing clothes designed for vigorous exercise. I know that not everyone likes to stand out (and as a now middle aged man, I like to a bit less) but, damnit, you only live once. If you're lucky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads