• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have more info on these tan RRL jeans? I don't remember ever seeing them online or in-store.... They look perfect

View attachment 1641029

If I'm not mistaken, these were from several years back, and haven't seen them since. Photo makes them look tan, but IRL, they had much more "texture" if that makes sense. These are mine here:

jean2.jpg

and a family picture lol

jean1.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extra points to that Sid Mashburn for being across the street from the high school from Rushmore.
I used to go running on the track at that HS before they remodeled it.

@dieworkwear Derek/ others, do you have any recommendations for interesting clothing stores worth a visit in Houston, TX?
Pinto Ranch for high-end western wear near the Galleria.

Zadok Jewelers is near Pinto Ranch and carries pretty much all of the Richemont brands plus a few others for watches.

Hamilton Shirts is the oldest continuing running store in Houston.

Reserve Supply Company on Washington Avenue sells work wear type stuff.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily specifically related to this thread, but I didn't quiet know where else to post.

Do any of you guys buy multiples of an item that you really like and hold onto them for future use? Maybe its a seasonal item, or maybe your worried that the company will shutdown, or maybe concerned about a declining quality, etc?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily specifically related to this thread, but I didn't quiet know where else to post.

Do any of you guys buy multiples of an item that you really like and hold onto them for future use? Maybe its a seasonal item, or maybe your worried that the company will shutdown, or maybe concerned about a declining quality, etc?
Onitsuka Tiger shoes. I've bought multiple pairs of Mexico 66 in yellow.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It took me probably 10 different pairs of shoes (from all different brands) to find a pair of trail runners that I liked to hike it. When I did, I bought 4 pair. Lucky for me, as they were discontinued soon after. I'm now on pair 3/4 and not sure what I'll do once the last pair is done for. I can't really think of anything "fashion" related for which I would do this though. To me, needing multiples of an item is about usefulness more than aesthetic appeal.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had a friend who, if he liked something, would immediately buy another 1-3 of the same item (cashmere sweaters, socks, shirts). It was a matter of quality, fit, style.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All the time. Usually mainly concerned my favorite style/fit/colorway will be discontinued..

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two identical pairs of chocolate brown suede penny loafers from Carmina, and I thought seriously about buying a third pair when Barney's went bust. The cost to resole a pair and have them shipped from NYC to Boston wasn't much cheaper than Barney's closeout prices.

pair 1 is nearly ten years old, resoled once. I will probably drop off the second pair to get resoled the next time I am in NYC.

I might have a couple Kamakura shirts still in plastic from their closing out of US sale - those are the only dupes I can think of.

I have a bunch of unfunded liabilities on the shelf, but no dupes. I could see if I dressed conservative business dress five days a week that I might fall in love with some particular book, and want to secure lengths of it for the future, but nothing I wear is really necessary

driving glove

Reaction score
I doubled up on my favourite frames because they are defining my look. If I lose or break my existing frames I am not sure mine will be continued and the sizing is bespoke. I also doubled up on Derek's summer tweed. First go round was a DB odd jacket, this time a SB suit with a different tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads