• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love seeing someone with such a good grasp on their own sense of style. You look so comfortable in both the tailored and casual fits.

@DavidLane what kind of casual gear do you rock in the summer when it’s too hot for flannels and boots?

Thank you @deanandrewj I actually wear Patagonia baggies and t-shirts if it’s unbearable, but I really like a white linen shirt with light weight pants. I have a pair of linen/cotton military fatigues from @luxire in olive green that are great rolled up with a print camp collar from RRL as well.
edit- I typically avoid shorts, but ghurka shorts are a nice option.
22620EF1-0E60-40A2-9BBE-715BCB50B210.jpeg

-DL

Last edited:

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Thank you @deanandrewj I actually wear Patagonia baggies and t-shirts if it’s unbearable, but I really like a white linen shirt with light weight pants. I have a pair of linen/cotton military fatigues from @luxire in olive green that are great rolled up with a print camp collar from RRL as well.
edit- I typically avoid shorts, but ghurka shorts are a nice option.
View attachment 1594219

-DL
Killer. Looks great!

Psyko

Reaction score
This was a great article.

I really like the silhouette of your sport coats. Extended shoulders, draped chest and appropriate length. Roomy and comfortable. Very masculine.

I especially like this jacket:
Screenshot_20210416-085906_Chrome.jpg

I don't totally agree with the sentiment that sleek shoes don't work with casual outfits. I do enjoy pairing some sleek shoes with wide jeans and P44's. I.e. "dressier" loafers or one eyelet derbies. Sort of like how cowboy boots can be super sleek, but look good with jeans. It looks kind of weird and feminine(?), but adds a contrast to the more "manly" outfit on top.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Derek for the wonderful article on Put This On. Thank you for your kind words, I am humbled to be on the site I have read for years.

https://putthison.com/real-people-building-a-holistic-wardrobe/

-DL
That was fun to write! Thanks again for answering my questions. Gave me a lot to work with.

What everyone else has already said. DL, DWW, such a great article. One of my favorite reads in recent memory.

DL, you have great style, and gave some really good advice. I love the way you highlight good tailored clothing, and casual/work wear. You make tailoring look easy, and the opposite of stuffy.

• Two Shetland sweaters. I would start with navy and dark grey (or one in a color that matches your pet’s hair, if you have one)

Probably some of the best men’s clothing advice ever…..

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What everyone else has already said. DL, DWW, such a great article. One of my favorite reads in recent memory.

DL, you have great style, and gave some really good advice. I love the way you highlight good tailored clothing, and casual/work wear. You make tailoring look easy, and the opposite of stuffy.

Probably some of the best men’s clothing advice ever…..

@hpreston You are too kind. I am so glad you enjoyed the article. I had the boys at O'Connell's order me a shawl cardigan in the colorway "Linen" and it has been wonderful. I wear it all winter and never worry about pet hair.

-DL

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hpreston You are too kind. I am so glad you enjoyed the article. I had the boys at O'Connell's order me a shawl cardigan in the colorway "Linen" and it has been wonderful. I wear it all winter and never worry about pet hair.

-DL

Pet hair is such a pain. We have two cats, one is grey, one is ginger, the ginger one has white undercoat. The grey one has darker undercoat. so not matter is I am wearing gray, light or dark clothing, one of the cats will undoubtedly get me.

The best sweater I have is a "greige" brushed Shetland, no hair shows up on this sweater, but all the other knitwear seem to find the contrasting hairs....

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see this be a regular column on PTO where people talk about their wardrobe philosophies/advice and take their stab at a capsule wardrobe… "real people, real wardrobes"

When it comes to fashion and menswear, I've always been the type of person to see something and instantly be like "I want that" vs. organically coming up with outfits or an overarching style from scratch.

It especially helps to see and hear from someone with a frame similar to my own, and not someone with model-like proportions where the world of OTR is their oyster.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

Looking for jeans. I'm currently rocking some Uniqlo straight fit jeans. I don't think they carry it anymore. Looking for washable jeans that are decent quality without breaking the bank.

Any thoughts?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

Looking for jeans. I'm currently rocking some Uniqlo straight fit jeans. I don't think they carry it anymore. Looking for washable jeans that are decent quality without breaking the bank.

Any thoughts?
I'm cheap and just wear Gap jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads