• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this Giles cuff in brass looks pretty good. No railroad spike or bullet casing haha. Might be cool to combo with a leather wrap like those above.

Like the idea of some not-quite-subtle wrist wear.
That twisted cuff above looks good except I find that they are all too curved for the shape of my wrist and uncomfortable to wear. It’s not just a case of circumference length it’s the shape. It seems my wrists are shaped like a narrow athletics track (!) with flat, parallel top and bottom and acutely curved inside and outside.
Anyone else suffer this problem? There’s only so much you can do by bending to try and shape them. The most success I have is with a double head snake bracelet from Clocks And Colors which is spring loaded on the inside. I would love a heavy sterling cuff with my favourite colour lapis inserts like the ones by David Yurman but once again they’re too curved / round for my wrists.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This crowd may have some good recs. Looking to add some simple jewelry and want to start with cuff or bracelet to go with easy, workwear kinda fits. Think beat up jeans, fatigues, or shorts with white tees layered with a chore coat, flannel, camp collar shirts, and some canvas sneaks, slip ons, huaraches, or loafers. Any good makers/shops you can recommend for this kinda thing? Ideally want something in a gold tone vs silver, think it looks better on my paler complexion.
I like Studebaker metals as well. Simple stuff, brass and silver, not fussy, not super expensive. I have one of the workshop cuffs.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Studebaker metals as well. Simple stuff, brass and silver, not fussy, not super expensive. I have one of the workshop cuffs.
Thanks for that . I just bought the brass curb chain. I was really tempted by silver price but I have a pretty nice one I bought from guy on a beach in Mexico 20 or so years ago.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love Studebaker. They're really nice people, and they're ehre in town so I go to try stuff on. I have a few bracelets and their signet ring (which is perfect imo).

Leiker

Reaction score
Like the idea of some not-quite-subtle wrist wear.
That twisted cuff above looks good except I find that they are all too curved for the shape of my wrist and uncomfortable to wear. It’s not just a case of circumference length it’s the shape. It seems my wrists are shaped like a narrow athletics track (!) with flat, parallel top and bottom and acutely curved inside and outside.
Anyone else suffer this problem? There’s only so much you can do by bending to try and shape them. The most success I have is with a double head snake bracelet from Clocks And Colors which is spring loaded on the inside. I would love a heavy sterling cuff with my favourite colour lapis inserts like the ones by David Yurman but once again they’re too curved / round for my wrists.
I have exactly the same issue with my wrists.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Most of the jewelry I'm familiar with is silver-toned. The only gold-toned bracelet I can think of right now -- without actually buying gold -- is Giles & Brother. For me, some of the designs are a little too heavy-handed with their masculine references, such as the bent railroad spikes. But they have some more subtle pieces.

There's also James Colarusso. He has some simple gold bracelets. But since they're made from actual gold, the prices are expensive. His stuff can be found at 180, although for some reason I don't see his stuff at their online store right now. I find a lot of the brands at 180 go well together. They carry EG, Orslow, Chimala, Visvim, etc. So if you like those brands, you might also like Colarusso.

When shopping for jewelry, my first stops are usually Reliquary in San Francisco, Fallow in Australia, and Self Edge. If you're willing to do a silver-toned bracelet, I think Native American cuff bracelets work really well. I sometimes wear two stacked Native American bracelets with the outfits you're describing. One bracelet is from Self Edge (unfortunately now sold out) and another from Medicine Man Gallery. Chipeta also sells some really nice things.

My two bracelets are pictured below. There's also a leather Hermes bracelet pictured here. If you're looking for an affordable, warm-toned bracelet, that can be an option, as the design comes with either silver or gold-colored hooks.

View attachment 1591105 View attachment 1591106
Might not be everyone’s cup of tea,but I bought Hermes jumbo leather hook bracelet for my gf a while ago. She wasn’t wearing it much so I took it for my own and have enjoyed adding it in.

Have you found the Hermès bracelet to go with lots of different outfits, or put differently, what have you both liked wearing it with? I’ve been looking for more opportunities to share things with my wife (helps me justify the purchase to her!), and she seemed open to it, especially the black version.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you found the Hermès bracelet to go with lots of different outfits, or put differently, what have you both liked wearing it with? I’ve been looking for more opportunities to share things with my wife (helps me justify the purchase to her!), and she seemed open to it, especially the black version.

I actually don't wear that one very much anymore.

I personally don't wear jewelry with tailored clothing, so it's only when I'm in casualwear. If I'm in a workwear outfit, I typically wear the Native American cuffs mentioned above. I think that Hermes bracelet can also work with some casualwear, but I just tend to reach for other things. I like the visual weight of a larger, heavier silver cuff with something like a denim trucker jacket.

A small thing, but the hook can sometimes get caught on clothing, such as when you're putting your hands in and out of your pocket. I haven't had any rips or anything, but it's something I've noticed.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also vouch for Chipeta Trading Company if you are looking for quality, authentic Native American made cuffs and bracelets. Don Siegel, the owner, is a long-time collector of vintage and historic Native American pieces. On his website he offers both vintage (late 1800's -1940's) and "Historic Revival" which are new, and made by native craftsmen from the local pueblos in the historic style. Don is an excellent source of information on Native American jewelry and is active in supporting the Native American community and culture.

I bought this 1920's era silver ingot cuff from Chipeta

IMG_5999.jpeg

When shopping for jewelry, my first stops are usually Reliquary in San Francisco, Fallow in Australia, and Self Edge. If you're willing to do a silver-toned bracelet, I think Native American cuff bracelets work really well. I sometimes wear two stacked Native American bracelets with the outfits you're describing. One bracelet is from Self Edge (unfortunately now sold out) and another from Medicine Man Gallery. Chipeta also sells some really nice things.

Trevallon

Reaction score
This crowd may have some good recs. Looking to add some simple jewelry and want to start with cuff or bracelet to go with easy, workwear kinda fits. Think beat up jeans, fatigues, or shorts with white tees layered with a chore coat, flannel, camp collar shirts, and some canvas sneaks, slip ons, huaraches, or loafers. Any good makers/shops you can recommend for this kinda thing? Ideally want something in a gold tone vs silver, think it looks better on my paler complexion.
877 workshop out of Germany make some nice pieces. (877workshop.com) I have the navajo bangle and like it very much.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
short update! (ha!)

todd synder has some 5-inchers now in an interesting sounding cotton / tencel mix

also these birdwells look super cool in corduroy and have a varying inseam based on waist measurement but generally run from 4.5" to 5.5"

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
short update! (ha!)

todd synder has some 5-inchers now in an interesting sounding cotton / tencel mix

also these birdwells look super cool in corduroy and have a varying inseam based on waist measurement but generally run from 4.5" to 5.5"

Thanks for the pointer, these corduroy shorts look great, and Birdwell quality into the bargain.

Any idea what the fit is like? They say 'take your usual waist size' but don't of course provide any waist measurements. Do you own a pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads