• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cowboy boots...one of the first persons I met when moving to Santa Fe was Wendy, the owner of Back at the Ranch, a maker and retailer of custom cowboy boots here in town. For over 30 years she has made RTW and custom boots at her workshop in El Paso, TX staffed by a third & fourth generation of Mexican boot makers. She has about 700 pairs on-hand for sale in her old adobe retail store. Hanging on the walls are every imaginable exotic skin and in any color. She has great stories of special orders for weddings, government officials, actors, musicians and a pair for a guy who owns a ranch up in Colorado named Ralph.
ElRanchoGreenwithDarkBrn_5803_p_b510ec17-f6f4-44ca-a49e-87bf369d5677_1000x.jpg
554-acorn-filigree-upper-01_0a41a032-e67b-4193-ae87-e157acd43229_886x.jpeg
LonghornCognac_1096-p_922x.jpeg

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know online Chimala stockists besides Mr Porter?

I believe 180 The Store is their US rep (or one of them). They carry some things in thier store. The site seems to only show womens and a smattering of unisex things. But since they rep them, perhaps they can sell other things and/or direct you

deanandrewj

Reaction score
This crowd may have some good recs. Looking to add some simple jewelry and want to start with cuff or bracelet to go with easy, workwear kinda fits. Think beat up jeans, fatigues, or shorts with white tees layered with a chore coat, flannel, camp collar shirts, and some canvas sneaks, slip ons, huaraches, or loafers. Any good makers/shops you can recommend for this kinda thing? Ideally want something in a gold tone vs silver, think it looks better on my paler complexion.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This crowd may have some good recs. Looking to add some simple jewelry and want to start with cuff or bracelet to go with easy, workwear kinda fits. Think beat up jeans, fatigues, or shorts with white tees layered with a chore coat, flannel, camp collar shirts, and some canvas sneaks, slip ons, huaraches, or loafers. Any good makers/shops you can recommend for this kinda thing? Ideally want something in a gold tone vs silver, think it looks better on my paler complexion.

Isabel Marant, YSL, Peyote Bird, Le Gramme

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff in this thread as well

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at both tecovas the Roy and ranch road Johnny. But none of them ship outside the US..

RIP. Have you emailed them to see if they have any stockists? Or better yet, figure out who their supplier is, both of those companies just resell from a factory, you may be able to buy direct from the factory

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Most of the jewelry I'm familiar with is silver-toned. The only gold-toned bracelet I can think of right now -- without actually buying gold -- is Giles & Brother. For me, some of the designs are a little too heavy-handed with their masculine references, such as the bent railroad spikes. But they have some more subtle pieces.

There's also James Colarusso. He has some simple gold bracelets. But since they're made from actual gold, the prices are expensive. His stuff can be found at 180, although for some reason I don't see his stuff at their online store right now. I find a lot of the brands at 180 go well together. They carry EG, Orslow, Chimala, Visvim, etc. So if you like those brands, you might also like Colarusso.

When shopping for jewelry, my first stops are usually Reliquary in San Francisco, Fallow in Australia, and Self Edge. If you're willing to do a silver-toned bracelet, I think Native American cuff bracelets work really well. I sometimes wear two stacked Native American bracelets with the outfits you're describing. One bracelet is from Self Edge (unfortunately now sold out) and another from Medicine Man Gallery. Chipeta also sells some really nice things.

My two bracelets are pictured below. There's also a leather Hermes bracelet pictured here. If you're looking for an affordable, warm-toned bracelet, that can be an option, as the design comes with either silver or gold-colored hooks.

tumblr_inline_p9vn5zya2J1qfex1b_540.jpg
luxury-women-hermes-used-fine-jewelry-p332884-003.jpeg

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the jewelry I'm familiar with is silver-toned. The only gold-toned bracelet I can think of right now -- without actually buying gold -- is Giles & Brother. For me, some of the designs are a little too heavy-handed with their masculine references, such as the bent railroad spikes. But they have some more subtle pieces.

There's also James Colarusso. He has some simple gold bracelets. But since they're made from actual gold, the prices are expensive. His stuff can be found at 180, although for some reason I don't see his stuff at their online store right now. I find a lot of the brands at 180 go well together. They carry EG, Orslow, Chimala, Visvim, etc. So if you like those brands, you might also like Colarusso.

When shopping for jewelry, my first stops are usually Reliquary in San Francisco, Fallow in Australia, and Self Edge. If you're willing to do a silver-toned bracelet, I think Native American cuff bracelets work really well. I sometimes wear two stacked Native American bracelets with the outfits you're describing. One bracelet is from Self Edge (unfortunately now sold out) and another from Medicine Man Gallery. Chipeta also sells some really nice things.

My two bracelets are pictured below. There's also a leather Hermes bracelet pictured here. If you're looking for an affordable, warm-toned bracelet, that can be an option, as the design comes with either silver or gold-colored hooks.

View attachment 1591105 View attachment 1591106
I'm reconsidering my stance on jewelry for myself tbh

ezev

Reaction score
Might not be everyone’s cup of tea,but I bought Hermes jumbo leather hook bracelet for my gf a while ago. She wasn’t wearing it much so I took it for my own and have enjoyed adding it in.

Attachments

• 0055704F-5A95-405C-ACC5-D7441545691A.jpeg
    0055704F-5A95-405C-ACC5-D7441545691A.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 110

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Thanks guys, this Giles cuff in brass looks pretty good. No railroad spike or bullet casing haha. Might be cool to combo with a leather wrap like those above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads