• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

EUtroll

Reaction score
I’m quite the opposite. If a pair picks up a few scuffs and I know they’ll never return to box fresh I stop worrying about them so much, but I have a couple of pristine pairs that I live in fear of damaging, so much so that if I haven’t worn them for a couple of weeks I’ll give them a loving brush down just to remove any dust that may have settled. In fact I have a pair of Cifonelli slipper style loafers that I’ve never once worn out of the house, because I can’t bear the thought of losing that new suede beauty :p

My principle, limiting the expenditure on normal clothing/shoes, is if it'd be too costly to allow me to carelessly enjoy the purchase. If so, too pricey and better go for a cheaper option.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit of a long story and probably not something I can share publicly. But some very nice people have encouraged me to put some of the posts into a book format. To be honest, I feel a bit shy and strange about putting blog posts into a book format. But if I did something, some of those old posts might show up there in a more fleshed-out form.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with those shoes.

I would love to support your writing by buying a book and several of the pieces are so good that they deserve a hard cover.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
There's already coffee table books about coffee tables, so maybe this one could be jawnz themed- such as a cover made of raw denim or Shetland wool?

coffeetablebook.jpg

abkain

Reaction score
would 1000% req the orslow 107s in white...canoe club has em in stock

edit: i have a pretty casual wardrobe to be honest {i wear a lot of uniqlo U tees with styleforum approved jackets (kuon, orslow, etc) + jeans/chinos} and have been debating buying a pair of loafers. i know suede would be more casual but as a relatively lazy guy...can i consider just leather? namely, i have been debating the armoury's duane loafer in espresso calf but...since it's the armoury i worry that maybe the shape of the loafer might not be right for my ultra casual fits (from the armoury's POV)

2928.jpg

I have these loafers and like them a lot. They seem too formal for what you describe however. They are closer to the EG Piccadilly than the Alden LHS or JM Weston. A great, less expensive alternative to the Piccadilly though.
Those Paraboots posted above look closer to what I imagine you are looking for.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
My principle, limiting the expenditure on normal clothing/shoes, is if it'd be too costly to allow me to carelessly enjoy the purchase. If so, too pricey and better go for a cheaper option.

A very sensible principle that will save you money and leave you with a more usable wardrobe. I shop a little differently as my shoes are all vintage from eBay, and I buy them with the assumption that they’ll arrive with imperfections (which is fine as I live in a pretty rough and tumble part of the world where nothing stays pristine long). On the odd occasion a pair of shoes arrives in box fresh condition it’s that much harder to send them out into the cruel world.

I should probably ask my sellers to apply a light salt stain before shipping so I’m not tempted to baby them for too long :)

Last edited:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's got me looking at cowboy boots!
When I was growing up I wanted to be a cowboy so bad. I grew up riding horses and learned how to milk a cow, rope a steer, all that ****. I'm definitely feeling like I need some cowboy boots back in my life. Interesting that DWW mentioned Tecovas as that was the brand I was leaning toward instead of Luchesse or Justin (usual go to).

Other things I am looking forward to wearing as the weather warms up are in no particular order: linen shirts, camp collar shirts, huaraches, white jeans, more western/americana themed items in general (bandanas anyone?)

Last edited:

mockingboy

Reaction score
I think the combination of the well written and focused editorial, practical style tips, great amalgamation of photos and seasonal nature actually make DWW a very unique website today and I would for sure buy the book.

The deep dives are great on one-off topics (loved the recent western wear read) and the posts on classic styling are just as classic.

I check DWW often in hopes of being distracted from work on a regular basis by a new post and often refer back to old reads when I am hunting for a summer sport coat or Calvary Twill pants.

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Throwing up the Hail Mary. If you do the book, I need at least one fit pic (gasp) thrown in there. After all these years of reading it’d be cool to see some of the more “quintessential” DWW fits - something like the black five zip, black jeans, black side zip look comes to mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads