• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

mockingboy

Reaction score
White or off white jeans you should check out Resolute for white and the Studio Artisan Fox special in off white.

Frans Boone generally has both

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have the Orslow 107 in off-white and I'm very happy with it. It has more tapper than the Resolute 710 which is their slimmest.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Orslow 107s are too slim for me and I really need something in off-white. I had some Margiela that were close. I just picked up Resolute regular fit as my first non- new standards in a while and they are great, just think the whites are sold out in my size everywhere. I'll probably try the Mashburns in a couple sizes up next time I'm in Houston.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked about casual loafers in the random fashion thoughts thread. I think the duane is too sleek for casual fits. I would prefer rounder and higher side walls. I’m still thinking about which to get.

would 1000% req the orslow 107s in white...canoe club has em in stock

edit: i have a pretty casual wardrobe to be honest {i wear a lot of uniqlo U tees with styleforum approved jackets (kuon, orslow, etc) + jeans/chinos} and have been debating buying a pair of loafers. i know suede would be more casual but as a relatively lazy guy...can i consider just leather? namely, i have been debating the armoury's duane loafer in espresso calf but...since it's the armoury i worry that maybe the shape of the loafer might not be right for my ultra casual fits (from the armoury's POV)

2928.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
would 1000% req the orslow 107s in white...canoe club has em in stock

edit: i have a pretty casual wardrobe to be honest {i wear a lot of uniqlo U tees with styleforum approved jackets (kuon, orslow, etc) + jeans/chinos} and have been debating buying a pair of loafers. i know suede would be more casual but as a relatively lazy guy...can i consider just leather? namely, i have been debating the armoury's duane loafer in espresso calf but...since it's the armoury i worry that maybe the shape of the loafer might not be right for my ultra casual fits (from the armoury's POV)

2928.jpg

For the outfits you're describing, I would do Alden's Leisure Handsewn, JM Weston's 180, or Aurland.

Note, JM Weston shoes are very tricky to size, so buy from a place that offers returns. No Man Walks Alone's Aurland loafers are also made with a stitched sole, whereas I believe some other models have a cemented construction.

mockingboy

Reaction score
How about the Unlined Edward Green Duke or C&J Boston; or Alden handsewn?

Psyko

Reaction score
For a super casual (and massive) loafer, you have the Paraboot Reims. Too much for a lot of people. I dig them and use them all the time.

Screenshot_20210405-191653_Chrome.jpg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of these Rancourt Penny Mocs that I love, they're my go-to non-sneaker casual shoe in the spring and summer

karmaguy

Reaction score
thanks for all the reqs guys...lots of good stuff!

RE: why not suede...i've honestly never owned suede shoes (crazy i know) but i assumed cleaning suede was a bit more time consuming than cleaning a leather shoe. I'm guessing this is an incorrect assumption

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
I just brush the suede after each wear. Maybe use a cleaner like once a year. I do less mintenance on it than smooth leather.

I’m quite the opposite. If a pair picks up a few scuffs and I know they’ll never return to box fresh I stop worrying about them so much, but I have a couple of pristine pairs that I live in fear of damaging, so much so that if I haven’t worn them for a couple of weeks I’ll give them a loving brush down just to remove any dust that may have settled. In fact I have a pair of Cifonelli slipper style loafers that I’ve never once worn out of the house, because I can’t bear the thought of losing that new suede beauty :p

nbymidwest

Reaction score
The issue of articles being taken down from DWW has come up a few times in recent weeks. Maybe I missed the reasoning, but why is that? I too have found myself chasing down old links with the help of the waybackmachine to retrieve older articles from memory. We can only hope content is being culled for a potential publication...

Specifically, a while back I was trying to read the piece on Hooman Majd's givehs. Since they were mentioned in the recent post, Americans might be interest to know you can get them from this shop in Canada: https://sermeh.net/product/handmade-giveh/ I did and they are comfortable.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On casual loafers, I saw that Horatio makes some that look like what I'm looking for. @dieworkwear (or anyone) have you handled these and can you give insight into the quality? I'm not looking for high end and am not super picky, but do want a basic level of quality. Basically, if it fits and looks similar enough to me, will they be fine after wearing a lot for a few years?

edit: I ask because I saw them mentioned as an option on your blog post about horsebit loafers a while back.

EUtroll

Reaction score
For most of the year, for daily use, I stick to suede shoes just because I'm lazy :) Oxfords, loafers and boots.

As the summer of 2021 will not likely include a lot of time out on the town, I'm quite looking forward to dressing like I used to in my childhood in the countryside, i.e. polo and rugby shirts as well as cricket jumpers, chinos and jeans, and boat shoes. I don't know why, not a look I'd likely go for in a normal year these days but, and also combined with active kids for the first time, it feels like both a suitable and a nostalgic look.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The issue of articles being taken down from DWW has come up a few times in recent weeks. Maybe I missed the reasoning, but why is that? I too have found myself chasing down old links with the help of the waybackmachine to retrieve older articles from memory. We can only hope content is being culled for a potential publication...

It's a bit of a long story and probably not something I can share publicly. But some very nice people have encouraged me to put some of the posts into a book format. To be honest, I feel a bit shy and strange about putting blog posts into a book format. But if I did something, some of those old posts might show up there in a more fleshed-out form.

On casual loafers, I saw that Horatio makes some that look like what I'm looking for. @dieworkwear (or anyone) have you handled these and can you give insight into the quality? I'm not looking for high end and am not super picky, but do want a basic level of quality. Basically, if it fits and looks similar enough to me, will they be fine after wearing a lot for a few years?

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with those shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads