• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

sargeinaz

Reaction score
He's developing his own in-house tailoring line, apart from what's offered through trunk shows. I believe he still has the exclusive house cut that he offers through WW Chan trunk shows. But he also has an in-house tailor and they've developed their own house cut. The sample I saw is slightly more aggressively styled than the WW Chan cut you see above. Slightly more extended through the shoulders, a little more drapey, and has the same dropped buttoning point. Feels a little 1980s Armani to me, but in a good way.

I have nothing to add except that I still can’t wait to see this new in house line. I wish George would make his own Brio line through and through like AngloItalian or Drakes or Brycelands etc.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

polyfusion

Reaction score
@dieworkwear
Derek - this is probably the most useful article I’ve ever read on jeans.
Thankyou .

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of jeans - what are the various opinions on how to wash raw denim jeans (3Sixteen SL-100x to be specific)? I've seen a lot of conflicting methods out there...my overall goal is to minimize shrinking, don't mind if the jeans fade a bit

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of jeans - what are the various opinions on how to wash raw denim jeans (3Sixteen SL-100x to be specific)? I've seen a lot of conflicting methods out there...my overall goal is to minimize shrinking, don't mind if the jeans fade a bit

Do you have a top-loading or side-loading laundry machine?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
top loading washer

Top-loading washers with the wheel in the middle can be harsh on clothes. Side-loading washers are a bit gentler.

The main thing with raw denim isn't the shrinkage but how a laundry machine can screw up the fades. If you put a pair of raw jeans in a laundry machine, it can come out looking like 1980s/ 90s stonewashed denim because of how the jeans get beaten around.

If you put jeans in a laundry machine, best to do it in a machine without the wheel in the middle and don't use the spin cycle. But if you have a machine where there's a wheel in the middle, that might be hard, even if you avoid the spin cycle. Many guys just wash their jeans in the bathtub. Tons of tutorials online you can look up (just google "wash raw denim bathtub").

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
top loading washer, front loading dryer

Should clarify: raw denim can shrink, but it depends on whether your jeans are sanforized or not. The type of washing method will not affect the shrinkage. If your jeans are sanforized, they will have minimal shrinkage regardless of how you wash them. If your jeans are unsanforized, you will want to soak them in water before wearing them first.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's something deeply satisfying on having visible patch pockets on everything. I love these OG 107 fatigue pants from Stan Ray. Not actually a carrot fit after a wash, more like a nice straight loose fit. Front pockets are great for hand stuffing.

Functionally, not overly different from other pants, but it gives a similiar satisfaction to wearing an M-65 or safari jacket.

Despite the last year being absolute ass, I've been ironically having more fun with clothing and not taking it as seriously and/or strict CM.

cr2596

Reaction score
There's something deeply satisfying on having visible patch pockets on everything. I love these OG 107 fatigue pants from Stan Ray. Not actually a carrot fit after a wash, more like a nice straight loose fit. Front pockets are great for hand stuffing.

Functionally, not overly different from other pants, but it gives a similiar satisfaction to wearing an M-65 or safari jacket.

Despite the last year being absolute ass, I've been ironically having more fun with clothing and not taking it as seriously and/or strict CM.
To your last point, I’m similar. Especially with F/W clothing. I planned to round out my trouser and SC staples and have what has been awaiting tailoring addressed. Then, the bottom fell out.

I realized the only two pair of pants that I owned which truly fit were light wash and dark wash denim. I leaned in. Wore those exclusively until very recently, and I’ve found new ways to utilize them. The only purchases I’ve made were cheap eBay finds and a couple things from my dad’s closet that no longer fit him. I cannot tell you how many times and how many variations of a Canadian Tuxedo I’ve worn this year. SC and jeans, various jackets on top of jackets, turtlenecks as a base layer, etc. It’s been interesting focusing on the casual approach, considering the denim requirement. A fun venture during an otherwise **** year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads