• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally got the loose fit stan ray fatigues.

Very cool carrot silhouette. The thighs are loose, but it still overall has a tapered look. Quite long though. I have to admit, these are the comfiest pants I've had in a while.

Better to permanently hem these like a pair of khakis, or just roll up the cuffs?

Regarding the hemming, I think you can do any of the above -- make a plain hem, roll once or twice for a cuff, get it professionally hemmed with a cuff, or even do a raw edge (meaning, just cut the pants yourself and leave the edge raw).

Personally, I would try to roll it myself for a while and then decide what to do. If you roll it, you still have options later, and you can mull on your choice for a while. Whereas, if you cut the pants, you can't go back.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Ditto what everyone's been saying about turtlenecks. I bought a couple t-shirt thickness ones after reading one of Derek's articles a year or so ago...then bought a couple mock necks...then a thicker SNS Herning mock neck...

This past winter I found myself mostly using the thinner ones as layers under shirts, quarter zips, chore coats etc around the house. Excited to get more--especially chunkier ones--if folks are carrying them next F/W.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the hemming, I think you can do any of the above -- make a plain hem, roll once or twice for a cuff, get it professionally hemmed with a cuff, or even do a raw edge (meaning, just cut the pants yourself and leave the edge raw).

Personally, I would try to roll it myself for a while and then decide what to do. If you roll it, you still have options later, and you can mull on your choice for a while. Whereas, if you cut the pants, you can't go back.
Yeah I experimented a bit initially with just double rolling a cuff, it looked surprisingly nice. My initial concern was it looking sloppy.

I know I double cuffed a pair of 5 pocket cords, but I got annoyed with wanting a precise cuff after a wash and ended up hemming it.

flashjack

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the Lady White Co turtlenecks? They do turtle and mock necks in a cotton jersey.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a personal distaste for cotton turtlenecks but they are extremely practical in colder climates. The Lady White Co cotton jersey is great, really soft. They aren’t slim so best to either size down or embrace the slouch.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't own the Lady White Co ones but have felt them in person. Definitely slouchier. The neck is also a little shorter when rolled, at least compared to the Uniqlo jersey ones.

1614948256121.png

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I've been wondering what the point was, for all the exercise and diet changes I've been making.

You've lifted my spirits ?

Exercise and diet changes can be really impactful in your long-term health and it’s good anytime someone takes care of themselves. The fact (yes fact) that you happen to be a very good looking person is merely coincidental. But I’m happy to hear my comment contributed to some spirit lifting.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exercise and diet changes can be really impactful in your long-term health and it’s good anytime someone takes care of themselves. The fact (yes fact) that you happen to be a very good looking person is merely coincidental. But I’m happy to hear my comment contributed to some spirit lifting.

Damn, dude! I was in the car and had problems getting out because reading that made my head grow too big ?

hedfunk

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I've been wondering what the point was, for all the exercise and diet changes I've been making.

You've lifted my spirits ?
I've seen a few of your fits here and there and always think they look fantastic. I'd love to be able to pull off even a fraction of your fits, keep doing what you're doing bud. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads