• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

driving glove

Reaction score
I think this one is easier to wear for the same reasons Derek's is: easy to pair things with, not high contrast, cooler tones.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this one is easier to wear for the same reasons Derek's is: easy to pair things with, not high contrast, cooler tones.

It is a bit bolder up close.
1614190539239.png

-DL

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one gun club jacket in a light blue with the checks being a mix of blue and grey. It has a fuzzy texture which I assume is wool flannel. The color is not too vivid and the contrast from afar isn't striking. It's a pretty heavy fabric so I don't wear it too much however it goes well with brown moleskin or mid grey trousers. The jacket is a nice piece and it gets regular wintertime wear.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the horse blanket Eidos sport coat from our first season. I wore mine once in 5 years :(

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, that’s a shame. Scale of the pattern too large?
Scale and boldness. Never ended up reaching for it. I much prefer the smaller checks and gunclubs. I think two-tone gunclubs and houndstooth jackets are actually really elegant and super easy to wear.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of LP Coarsehair, I’m quite attracted to this green. Versatile or not? Too bold? I could see it pairing well with grey flannels (picking up the grey cast in the green), cream, some desaturated tans and taupe

View attachment 1561945
Reminds me of the horse blanket Eidos sport coat from our first season. I wore mine once in 5 years :(
Damn, that’s a shame. Scale of the pattern too large?
Scale and boldness. Never ended up reaching for it. I much prefer the smaller checks and gunclubs. I think two-tone gunclubs and houndstooth jackets are actually really elegant and super easy to wear.

As @gdl203 said, its the scale and boldness of the pattern. I do like the combination of colors, but not sure if I would wear it. It reminds me of this piece,

Which looks nice, but again, has not made it into my wardrobe.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoa ?

jaaz16

Reaction score
I’d love to take a weekend getaway at a remote cabin and see a blanket in that pattern draped over a comfy coach facing a window overlooking a secluded lake.

I’m....not so sure I love it as a piece of clothing.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of LP Coarsehair, I’m quite attracted to this green. Versatile or not? Too bold? I could see it pairing well with grey flannels (picking up the grey cast in the green), cream, some desaturated tans and taupe

View attachment 1561945
Not the same fabric but similar enough. I think that would make a pretty great jacket, but Greg’s observation makes me doubt myself.

IG link not working so here’s a screen capture.
4C5D60A5-771A-4198-A0BF-1542E48A00CC.jpeg

driving glove

Reaction score
Not the same fabric but similar enough. I think that would make a pretty great jacket, but Greg’s observation makes me doubt myself.

IG link not working so here’s a screen capture.
View attachment 1561982
My assessment is that the cold light this is photographed in really helps sell the fabric. If it was photographed in the same way as Armoury jacket was , I think it would be be seen as another cabin blanket for Timberline Lodge.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

The cloth Derek showed was warm as anything, btw. I feel like a lot of discussion on here would be more intelligent and a lot of people on here would be better at pairing clothes if people knew some basic color theory.

View attachment 1561945

The brownish-orange one and greenish one are both good in my book. The strong blue not so much. The brownish-orange one is definitely bolder than the greenish one and a touch harder to pair, but they should both pair well with grey trousers, a blue shirt, and a navy tie at the very least. In general, if things can do that basic combo, they can do a lot of other things too. The greenish one could be good, for instance, with shirts or ties that have pink or purple, burgundy ties, tan pants (not all of these together, tbc) and so much more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads