• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBJ actually puts out a different indigo patchwork jacket every season. They have one every season but the materials and even shapes vary. Each season’s patch jacket is unique to that season

Are the Spring/Summer versions lighter than F/W?

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty slick. Is it MTO/MTM only if it's Stoffa?

Thanks for the heads up man. It's always even more tempting when you've been eyeing something for a while, and THEN it goes on sale.

Unfortunately I'm broke :crazy:

Aren't we all tho? But you'll be more broke if you buy it at full price! ?

jk, good luck whenever you decide to buy it!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reactions: Gus

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL does a nice patchwork too. Some of them are a bit much for me, but this one fit nicely and the balance of low contrast blues worked well in my opinion.
IMG_0292.jpg

-DL

*please excuse the tag.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received an old Berk for Ballantyne knit back from French American Reweaving Co. What a great service. Two small holes magically rewoven for $70.

Thanks for the recommendation.

jaaz16

Reaction score
After seeing Derek recommend the 3sixteen crewneck knit twice recently, I ended up impulse buying it last week. Pretty much everything Derek wrote about with respect to Shaker/Shaker-adjacent knits, as well as everything he wrote about with respect to black knits, is so spot on. I can see lots of different outerwear options really popping against it.

One other thing I like about it is that the raglan sleeves are more of a J than a diagonal line, which I think makes my shoulders look broader than raglan sleeves typically look on me.

Took a couple pics of fits that are more muted & monochromatic than I plan to actually wear it in the future, but wanted to share anyway.

D88A7B40-85D2-4A61-AA22-30102DC3387A.jpeg
B745F3CF-6391-441A-9CF2-37A215ABCEE6.jpeg
5772053A-1575-4AE8-BBB9-639DDD4AD7D7.jpeg
65686BE8-6316-402C-8830-EAEDB7A4CD5C.jpeg

A+ rec, as always!

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing Derek recommend the 3sixteen crewneck knit twice recently, I ended up impulse buying it last week. Pretty much everything Derek wrote about with respect to Shaker/Shaker-adjacent knits, as well as everything he wrote about with respect to black knits, is so spot on. I can see lots of different outerwear options really popping against it.

One other thing I like about it is that the raglan sleeves are more of a J than a diagonal line, which I think makes my shoulders look broader than raglan sleeves typically look on me.

Took a couple pics of fits that are more muted & monochromatic than I plan to actually wear it in the future, but wanted to share anyway.

A+ rec, as always!

Such a cool sweater! Bummed I missed out on it.

StaticProgression

Reaction score

A+ rec, as always!

Loos great, Jazz!

StaticProgression

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition expecting to see some photos of you rocking this soon. With hangtag still on.

1611948510183.png

StaticProgression

Reaction score
That's a nice jacket, I dig it and would probably wear it.

I was trying to think of the correct word for wearable patchwork anything, and I think it's "tonal."

Most of these jackets don't really have any differing/jarring tones, so it feels congruent.

One day I'm going to buy some kind of patchwork denim jacket too. This is brighter, but I think it works.

IMG_7818_1024x1024.jpg

I think @Gerry Nelson has one that definitely caught my eye.

To follow up, got the Universal Works jacket in and it is awesome in person

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition expecting to see some photos of you rocking this soon. With hangtag still on.

View attachment 1545435

I think this is the kind of GTH jacket that doesn't work so well IMO, the tones are too jarring.

Something like this works better, but the cut is unfortunately a 3-button

2136-BEAM_3BPTCH_ASST-1876_1024x1024.jpg

To follow up, got the Universal Works jacket in and it is awesome in person
Any fit pics?

Calanon

Reaction score
In an effort to identify the mt parka with buttons, I found a blog called Basecamp Vintage.
Normally I like to go for 100% natural materials, I don't know if it's Derek's writing or what but I'm really taken with this parka.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads