• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
StyFo: “Detailed metacritical analysis of the Spring lookbook from a cutting edge Latvian designer whom 18 people in the world have heard of before this morning.”

Also StyFo: “Are you familiar with the most talked about TV show in America of
the past decade? It’s worth checking out.”

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s really an amazing piece with all the haphazard patches all stitched together. Runs true to size if you wear a suit/bulky sweater underneath. I’m normally a 40, this one is a 42, but not terribly oversized.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a shot of the patchwork, tried to correct color/brightness the best I could:
8813C53B-115C-41F8-99AC-30BE660900DB.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Colors are much more muted (and nicer) than the product photos. I figured the coat would be good in real life, but was somewhat concerned by the color saturation in the product shots.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think it has a clear definition since it's just slang. Sometimes it means "oh well." Sometimes it means "well."

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So why is UC sad/disappointed at buying a new coat?

(Not sarcasm).

not particularly sure in this context, I often used with a kind of feigned "great, now I have to do this" connotation

for instance, if my local package store got some rare obscure beer that I like in, I might say/write "welp, guess I have to buy a whole case then"...at least that's how I use it, when i begrudgingly do something that i also secretly want to do anyways

But I think DWW makes a good point that its tough to pin down exactly/others may use it in a different manner

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thin White Duke Like many words (mate, man, dude, OK, oy, etc) the meaning really depends on the context. It can be used to suggest despondency (eg “welp, I guess I shouldn’t have left my leather jacket in the car in a sketchy area”) or contentedness, as in this case. “Well, well, well” is a great example of context-dependent connotations.

If pleasantly surprised with a possibly fugly patchwork overcoat, an American would be “stoked” while an Englishman might be “chuffed.”

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every day’s a school day eh??

Coming from a place that has a very strong, defined regional dialect within a small area some of my own colloquialisms slip in to my online posts sometimes which may raise a few quizzical eyebrows from readers. Nee bosh like.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be better than the beams brown one from a few years ago

oconnells has their winter sale on now and really tempted by the charcoal and oat herringbone balmacaan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics