• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Have not used a phone Face ID. What's the user consensus? Is it the only option of operating a newer phone?
It seems fine to me so far. You just touch anywhere on the phone to wake it up, and then it unlocks immediately it it can read your face. It's worked in very low light or with a hat. But, as someone mentioned, it won't work with a mask, but you can just enter in your code.
Small phones are hard to text on, the screen is too narrow, so people shouldn't be allowed to use small phones because they just dont know any better.
I use voice dictation to text, like any sensible person who doesn't want thumb tendonitis. Why do you hate the environment? In addition to the extra materials a larger phone requires, think of all the extra carbon burned in their making, shipping, and being carried around. I for one look forward to the day when a large phone will be as frowned upon as large cars.

wkt

Reaction score
It seems fine to me so far. You just touch anywhere on the phone to wake it up, and then it unlocks immediately it it can read your face. It's worked in very low light or with a hat. But, as someone mentioned, it won't work with a mask, but you can just enter in your code.

I use voice dictation to text, like any sensible person who doesn't want thumb tendonitis. Why do you hate the environment? In addition to the extra materials a larger phone requires, think of all the extra carbon burned in their making, shipping, be carried around. I for one look forward to the day when a large phone will be as frowned upon as large cars.

LoL, you being serious? Are you from California?

I heard people in Texas don't recycle.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have lived in the America. No one recycles.

emptym

Reaction score
LoL, you being serious? Are you from California?

I heard people in Texas don't recycle.
I was mostly joking -- mirroring your joking/exaggerated tone.

wkt

Reaction score
I have lived in the America. No one recycles.

Americans only love shootings and getting the virus and stupid people who make less than $200,000 a year while still voting republican so they are voting against their own interests by cutting taxes for billionaires therefore raising taxes for everyone else to cover their missing dollars.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
love the attention to British Jazz. Andrew Chen from 3Sixteen also recommended an album from the genre recently in the Perfectly Imperfect newsletter.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear props for the Yussef Kamaal suggestion in the PTO gift guide. Absolutely insane music. Have you listened to the album 'Welcome to the Hills?'

I wish I could take credit for that, but that was Jesse's entry. I've been listening to their music since putting up that post yesterday though. Really dig them.

Do you know of other groups like that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads