• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have wanted a smaller phone for a few years (S10 owner) and when my current phone's screen broke and repair costs were high, I grabbed a Pixel 4a and the size was great but I felt let down by the other specs so I ended up returning it and replacing the screen the Galaxy. Hoping for a return to flip phone sized phones w/ foldables, though.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. The main value in a larger screen is for internet/videos, both of which I basically never use on a phone.
Same here. I’m encouraged by the posts upthread about a possible trend in smaller sizes and a return of the home button. Now if they bring back a separate headphone input I’ll be on board. Until then I’ll be holding out with my iPhone 6!

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original SE user here. Haven't liked the look or size of any phone since. There was speculation of an updated 5SE years ago as the phone was made and still used in India. When the upgrade rumor stopped I bought a new SE.
Few months later Apple discontinued the SE.
Will check out the 12 mini. Form factor is very agreeable.
On a completely separate note, are you taking new customers right now Chris? What services are being offered between your Chicago and Dallas stores?

wkt

Reaction score
I dunno, I text a lot so I could never go back to small phone, the last small phone I had was the iPhone 5, I don't even watch YouTube on my phone, not only is any phone screen too small for that it also doesn't have an adblocker (unlike on my laptop) so if I watched YouTube on my phone I would have to sit through ads and I hate that, how do people even put up with ads on YouTube?

Last edited:

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Circling back the the Bal Coat. I ended up buying one from Thomas Farthing, and the cloth and color is exceptional, a bit lighter weight, which fits a gap for me. My only gripe is the pockets are a bit low, and in an odd place,. All in all I am happy with it, and it gives the right vibe IMO. I agree with Derek, OTR is the way to go, it would be nice to get one bespoke, but I don't think it's necessary. It almost looks better with a bit of a wonky fit.
IMG_1109.jpg

BalCoat.jpg

-DL

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On a completely separate note, are you taking new customers right now Chris? What services are being offered between your Chicago and Dallas stores?
@Najnar
Dallas workroom closed over 2 years ago. Still have clients there but not taking on new clients in Dallas.
Can take trouser and shirt orders in Chicago. Turn around is 6-8 weeks.
With the slowdown of clients traveling for fittings, have taken on a few new clients for jackets/suits. My production is limited but may have access to more tailors soon and hope to speed up the process.
Working on creating a MTM garment. Will do the cutting and fitting but assembled in another workroom. Going thru the birthing pangs with it.

wkt

Reaction score
Is it so hard to imagine that different people might want different things from their phones?

In the fashion world everyone wants to wear something different, but in the tech world consolidation is the goal, that is why we have one main operating system (Windows), browser (Chrome) and we should have one phone size, that is the large phone size, it would makes life easier for developers to make their apps for one large screen.

Jlord

Reaction score
Circling back the the Bal Coat. I ended up buying one from Thomas Farthing, and the cloth and color is exceptional, a bit lighter weight, which fits a gap for me. My only gripe is the pockets are a bit low, and in an odd place,. All in all I am happy with it, and it gives the right vibe IMO. I agree with Derek, OTR is the way to go, it would be nice to get one bespoke, but I don't think it's necessary. It almost looks better with a bit of a wonky fit.
View attachment 1509608
View attachment 1509611

-DL
Looks great. I like a lot of their stuff, even if some of it is bordering on affectation.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I like a lot of their stuff, even if some of it is bordering on affectation.

It’s pretty clear they (TF) are going for a look and not so much functionality. The pockets (inside and out) are oddly low and the lining is cotton which is not ideal. In the end I kept it because it looks nice and drapes well. If you are looking for sport coats there are better things out there, but for caps and coats I think they are a nice enough option.

-DL

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the fashion world everyone wants to wear something different, but in the tech world consolidation is the goal, that is why we have one main operating system (Windows), browser (Chrome) and we should have one phone size, that is the large phone size, it would makes life easier for developers to make their apps for one large screen.
Who said in the tech world consolidation is the goal? Since when is having one choice for one product type the best system? We don't have one operating system, one browser, nor should we. That's how you get bad products. Think how crap life would be if you could only choose one car, one TV, or one phone, etc. How bad would iPhones be today if they didn't have constant competition and challenge of the status-quo from Android? Chrome isn't the best browser because someone decided it should be, it's the best because it out-competes the others. If a small size is not useful for a phone, it will naturally die off. It doesn't need someone to come along and say "people shouldn't be able to have small phones."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads