• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people have a small layer of fat that cushions their posterior. Makes it easier to sit on a thin piece of cloth.

My skin is very sensitive. The merest hint of extra layering is a ponderous torture.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American trench appears to have gotten a shout-out in one of @dieworkwear's black friday articles. I fully endorse, and would add I just bought two pairs of there cashmere marl socks to wear around the house while working, either in my slippers or solo, and they are wonderful. I have a few pairs of the boot socks @dieworkwear recommends and like wearing those, well, in my boots. but these cashmere socks are really great too.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
American trench appears to have gotten a shout-out in one of @dieworkwear's black friday articles. I fully endorse, and would add I just bought two pairs of there cashmere marl socks to wear around the house while working, either in my slippers or solo, and they are wonderful. I have a few pairs of the boot socks @dieworkwear recommends and like wearing those, well, in my boots. but these cashmere socks are really great too.

seconded, i'm actually wearing their silver crew socks now. have held up extremely well over the year or so i've had them.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to live close to their headquarters in PA. They do sample sales at Franklin & Poe a couple times a year when you can buy socks for like $5 and other samples, it's great. Really nice team as well.

emptym

Reaction score
My wife and I had been holding on to our iphone 5s's the past several years and just got the 12 minis. They're a bit bigger and heavier, but not terrible. I think I've only had 5 phones over the past 20 yrs, all of them mentioned recently mentioned in this thread (a Razr, a couple basic Nokia bars, the Iphone 5, then a used Iphone 5s when my 5 broke and I didn't want to the 10, which was huge imo). The mini's been great so far. I hope it sells well, so they keep making them. I'd even like something much smaller - with just a phone, camera, music.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My wife and I had been holding on to our iphone 5s's the past several years and just got the 12 minis. They're a bit bigger and heavier, but not terrible. I think I've only had 5 phones in the past 20 yrs, all of them mentioned recently mentioned in this thread (a Razr, a couple basic Nokia bars, the Iphone 5, then a used Iphone 5s when my 5 broke and I didn't want to the 10, which was huge imo). The mini's been great so far. I hope it sells well, so they keep making them. I'd even like something much smaller - with just a phone, camera, music.

Same here. I was using a small flip phone for the longest time, as recently as seven years ago. Jesse at Put This On once texted me a photo, but I couldn't receive it because I didn't have a smartphone. The phone was just text and you had to punch in each letter one-by-one, no features where the phone would guess what you're typing. I remember him saying something like, "you buy bespoke clothes but can't receive an image file??"

At some point, I switched to an iPhone and am currently using the iPhone 6 or 7 (don't know the exact model). I only got this because it became a real issue trying to hail a cab in the Bay Area and I needed something to use Uber. Tried to hold out against Uber for the longest time, but you will stand at the curbside for like 20-30 minutes nowadays waiting for a cab. It made me late for too many meetings, so I had to get a smartphone.

I once met up with Avery Trufelman at 99PI when she was doing the Articles of Interest podcast. When she came down to open the office doors for me, I noticed she also had a flip phone from the early 2000s. I was very excited to meet someone who also uses one of those things.

emptym

Reaction score
I use Lyft and was very happy to never have to wait for a taxi again. We lived in Bayview then and a lot of cab drivers would just never show up.

It was a big jump from the Nokia bar phone, which couldn't get pics either (I could receive texts but couldn't send one) to the 5. We got ours because my wife was about to have our first kid and we wanted to be able to take lots of pics and send them to relatives. That was 8 yrs ago too.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I had been holding on to our iphone 5s's the past several years and just got the 12 minis. They're a bit bigger and heavier, but not terrible. I think I've only had 5 phones in the past 20 yrs, all of them mentioned recently mentioned in this thread (a Razr, a couple basic Nokia bars, the Iphone 5, then a used Iphone 5s when my 5 broke and I didn't want to the 10, which was huge imo). The mini's been great so far. I hope it sells well, so they keep making them. I'd even like something much smaller - with just a phone, camera, music.

Ive used an original iPhone SE since they were first released. Just upgraded to the 12 mini as well and this it’s solid. Maybe 1 or 2 mm bigger all around but the larger screen and better camera are nice improvements.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 12mini and I keep having problems with my email. Keeps losing saved passwords for my emails so I have to reenter it in the setting or can't connect to the server anymore.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I had a slide phone until a year ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads