• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does Mr. Porter keep adding stuff to their sale, or is this it? There is a pair of shoes I have my eye on, and some of the brand’s stuff is on sale but not this particular pair.

It usually takes them about 12 hours to mark everything from the current season as being part of the sale. For example, you may start to see them mark things down at 8pm, but it will only be a few items. By 8am the next morning, all eligible items from the current season will be marked as being part of the sale.

Over the next few days, however, they may start to add things from previous seasons and/or update stock as people make returns.

This happens for their end-of-season sale, as well. The first 12 hours will be about updating the current season's stock as being part of the sale. Then the next few weeks, it will be about adding previous seasons' stock and/or updating stock as people make returns. The very last week or so, a lot of new stock sometimes comes online as being part of the final markdown, as it will be previous seasons' stock.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends. This thread delivers. A smoregasboard of SF.
Do u guys remember that epic drama between that bald Russian guy (Victor?) and his fit posts of bespoke stuff and another poster who I believed ended up in legal or some sort . That was pure entertainment. Plus the member photoshop train that I believe Vox started? Good times.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember Victor having beef with anyone; personally I’d be scared to. The guy looks yoked.

@MrSam had hilarious photoshopped gems back in the day. I’m sure if you search for posts under his username you’ll find some keepers.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello friends. This thread delivers. A smoregasboard of SF.
Do u guys remember that epic drama between that bald Russian guy (Victor?) and his fit posts of bespoke stuff and another poster who I believed ended up in legal or some sort . That was pure entertainment. Plus the member photoshop train that I believe Vox started? Good times.
I don’t remember Victor having beef with anyone; personally I’d be scared to. The guy looks yoked.

@MrSam had hilarious photoshopped gems back in the day. I’m sure if you search for posts under his username you’ll find some keepers.

I do remember Victor (VictorSF?) getting into a beef with someone. Vaguely, was it about Victor being a professional shill for his tailor or some sort?

Didn’t he (Victor) leave the forum for a while then come back under a different user name?

And I’m with UC, not sure I’d want to wade into those waters with Victor

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition @hpreston
Thanks for the confirmation. Yes it was VictorSF and something to do with a tailor and someone called him out. I don’t knw why but always think of him as a well dressed ex-Spetsnaz ?. MrSam’s photoshop thread was fun.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey DWW, did you happen to order anything from Norlha yet? I think they still have a code going on for BF. trying to see if I can fit a blanket into this fall’s budget. Given all that has happened this year, do you think they’ll still be around in the future or I should try to get an order in now?

I personally have a few knits made up of yak wool and understand how cozy and warm they can be. A blanket would be super rad. Really interested and it’ll certainly be a purchase I’ll be holding onto a long time.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey DWW, did you happen to order anything from Norlha yet? I think they still have a code going on for BF. trying to see if I can fit a blanket into this fall’s budget. Given all that has happened this year, do you think they’ll still be around in the future or I should try to get an order in now?

I personally have a few knits made up of yak wool and understand how cozy and warm they can be. A blanket would be super rad. Really interested and it’ll certainly be a purchase I’ll be holding onto a long time.

I don't, but a friend of mine has one of their scarves and says he really likes it.

Have no idea about the backend of their business, unfortunately.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed the article that included Norlha. Looking at their stuff now. Fantastico!

shikaa

Reaction score
Again Balmacaan/Overcoat talk: does anyone have experience with the Cordings Follifoot raglan coat in terms of sizing or with the Walker Slater Watson tweed raglan coat?

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there was some recent talk here about bags, but anyone seen a nice clean laptop sleeve they like? My old laptop bit the dust so will need a new sleeve for the new one. Not looking for a bag, but just a simple sleeve, a bit of padding and maybe an extra pocket. Any suggestions?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit behind in keeping up with this thread and would like to revisit the topic of oxfords and jeans from last week. I’m in the camp of no oxfords with jeans but also in the camp of no cordovan with suits. So my conundrum is what to do with cordovan oxfords. I absolutely love them aesthetically and have decided that they work best with jeans. The heavy broughing and unusual captoe reads casual to me. Thoughts?
035F1327-DCC1-4D9D-AA2C-8B5A639164D6.jpeg
7E521636-AD1E-49EC-9084-211C3B000C29.jpeg

Calanon

Reaction score
I’m a bit behind in keeping up with this thread and would like to revisit the topic of oxfords and jeans from last week. I’m in the camp of no oxfords with jeans but also in the camp of no cordovan with suits. So my conundrum is what to do with cordovan oxfords. I absolutely love them aesthetically and have decided that they work best with jeans. The heavy broughing and unusual captoe reads casual to me. Thoughts?

Why not casual suits e.g. corduroy, chino, tweed? I don't think they look right with jeans even in cordovan, although I am in the camp that thinks Oxfords can be okay with smart odd trousers.

EUtroll

Reaction score
+1 on the causal suits comment, but I do think they work OK with jeans too but I'd opt for a slimmer cut.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not casual suits e.g. corduroy, chino, tweed? I don't think they look right with jeans even in cordovan, although I am in the camp that thinks Oxfords can be okay with smart odd trousers.
I'm not much of a casual suit wearer. In fact, I only have one: a tweed. I have plenty of corduroy and tweed odd jackets that I pair with moleskins, thornproof, and whipcords. To my eye, the shoes don't look any better or worse with those type of trousers than they do with jeans. In fact, I'm wearing a grey odd jacket when I took that photo. Maybe therein lies the compromise. Wear them only when paired with an odd jacket.
tempImageMSiiLL.png

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the causal suits comment, but I do think they work OK with jeans too but I'd opt for a slimmer cut.
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty much a slave to Detroit Denim and have stashed about 8 pairs (different selvedge) with the exact same cut for future use. With the exception of one pair of PBJ that had a unique selvedge that I found when traveling in the Far East, I don't see myself wearing any other type of jeans. A leg opening of 7.75 inches seams pretty standard. No?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads