• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was more curious in general, for example, temperature will start cooling in the Bay Area. I will probably grab a knit when I go out to get groceries. Where before I don't typically launder the garment as frequently, in pandemic is the expectation to wash after use immediately? Certainly, there is some part of the larger demographic that is still going about normal life, adhering to social distancing and such. Subsequently, I can imagine their dress has not changed a whole lot.

Members here probably have enough suits and other tailored clothing to rotate through.

My understanding is that the virus doesn't live for very long on surfaces. It's mostly airborne and transmitted through droplets.

I personally haven't washed clothes more than before.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way am I putting my tailoring through any more cleaning than is needed - and that consists of sponging, pressing, and brushing.

Viruses won't live on surfaces that long, but if you're that concerned I'd advise only using clothes you can launder for now.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a good Balmacaan source, thanks to @duffyfluffy123 . I'd probably buy this one if I wasn't in the middle of having one made.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear I thought you like shoes that are not that sleek, now you are hating on these conservatives moon boots - I'd say they are right up your alley

Attachments

• 38049.jpg
    38049.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 121

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a good Balmacaan source, thanks to @duffyfluffy123 . I'd probably buy this one if I wasn't in the middle of having one made.

that's really nice, i also posted this one earlier in the thread

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cotton lining = you are going to burn 150 calories every time to try to put the damn thing on, and about 75 taking it off

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear I thought you like shoes that are not that sleek, now you are hating on these conservatives moon boots - I'd say they are right up your alley

I like how it's simply assumed the readership would be on the wrong side of a criminal court.:crackup:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have some things that are cotton lined. IME, it makes more of a difference in some garments than others. Certainly, Bemberg would be easier to slip on. But I have garments that are cotton lined that are just fine; others are harder to get into. I think it helps if the garment isn't over slim.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some things that are cotton lined. IME, it makes more of a difference in some garments than others. Certainly, Bemberg would be easier to slip on. But I have garments that are cotton lined that are just fine; others are harder to get into. I think it helps if the garment isn't over slim.
I guess this is more of an issue if wearing sweaters, which is likely.

I'd say the worst cotton for catching in terms of shirts is probably an OCBD as well.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Life is too short for accepting these needless compromises. I am never again going to buy a jacket where I have to build a memory matrix of what knitwear, etc would be difficult to wear underneath it. Cotton lining makes as much sense as cotton condoms, and it is not at all like the alternatives are expensive. Cotton linings are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads