• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
posting this here because i know the great man has a weakness for balmacaans

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, the Seebag came in, and it’s awesome. Took it for a spin at work, and love how it fits on the cart.

9E09751F-1B07-487D-B804-4D422F0A1C96.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked the 5 New Brands piece. I think this image is from Indi Kids, but none of the heavier knitwear (and especially that shawl-collar coat) seem to be on their website?

80654778_1088151318193448_6314564346067404310_n.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really liked the 5 New Brands piece. I think this image is from Indi Kids, but none of the heavier knitwear (and especially that shawl-collar coat) seem to be on their website?

Thanks!

Yea, I don't see the shawl collar cardigans on their website, but everything else is there, including the lighter blue marled sweater that Gerald is wearing. Don't know if the shawl collar cardigans were ever put into production.

Those look like Unionmade guys to me. At least the guy on the left.

Yep, as Peter noted, the guy on the left is Gerald. He writes for Gear Patrol now.

Friend

Reaction score

80654778_1088151318193448_6314564346067404310_n.jpg
Thanks!

Yea, I don't see the shawl collar cardigans on their website, but everything else is there, including the lighter blue marled sweater that Gerald is wearing. Don't know if the shawl collar cardigans were ever put into production.

Yep, as Peter noted, the guy on the left is Gerald. He writes for Gear Patrol now.

Looks like the shawl cardigan just got added today, along with a couple other knits. Really like their direction so far. If the solid indigo pants weren't sold out in either size I might take, I'd very likely give them a try.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear You happen to know any value-priced fatigue jackets with a bi swing back?

Ideally in the M-43 or M-65 style.

I've looked around and everything seems to start at around $200USD, and that includes vintage on etsy.

I've a 7 year old one from GAP and it has held up great, but it's too tight on me now. I'd be willing to spend up to $150 USD.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear You happen to know any value-priced fatigue jackets with a bi swing back?

I've looked around and everything seems to start at around $200USD, and that includes vintage on etsy.

I've a 7 year old one from GAP and it has held up great, but it's too tight on me now. I'd be willing to spend up to $150 USD.

Ralph Lauren has made field jackets with a bi-swing back through their Polo line. However, they often put stupid patches on them. If you want one without fake military patches, then you have to wait until they release one (the design is always in their collection, but some details, such as patches, change from season to season). Alternatively, you can search eBay.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren has made field jackets with a bi-swing back through their Polo line. However, they often put stupid patches on them. If you want one without fake military patches, then you have to wait until they release one (the design is always in their collection, but some details, such as patches, change from season to season). Alternatively, you can search eBay.
Yeah I found the patched version, goofy looking for sure.

It does seem like $200 is the going rate for a decent jacket, so I may have to cough that up.

J. Crew seems to still carry a couple nice ones.

Racing Green

Reaction score
If you follow vintage dealers on Instagram you may get lucky, better than Etsy as they tend to put stuff up in Insta stories as soon as they get it. Rebels and Rogues, Kona Goods etc, there's tons of them.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you’re in the Bay Area, there are several stores on the Haight that sell vintage M-65s. I got mine from Held Over for about $80.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads