• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder what your reaction would be if you were a proctologist. I'm assuming you are not a proctologist. Also, how do you get your socks on in the morning?

I'm struggling to reconcile feet with proctology, unless you're in a situation where someone is so angry with you, they stick their foot up your arse.

Perhaps podiatry is more apposite?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello and I hope everyone is well. Those are great! I’m also a big fan of huaraches this time of year. Particularly due to the brutal summer heat where I live. Also, despite my best efforts, I just could never get my cowboy boots to look good with short pants. JOKE! :eek:

I spend a fair amount of time in Mexico every year and always pick a few pairs up. I wanted to share a couple. Maybe some of you would find these to be of interest.
I had never seen either of these styles before. The one on the right looks like a huarache and a boat shoe had a baby- which is great because I love boat shoes as a casual summer shoe but get very tired of the constant preppy connotations. Thanks for posting these!

clothingfun

Reaction score
I had never seen either of these styles before. The one on the right looks like a huarache and a boat shoe had a baby- which is great because I love boat shoes as a casual summer shoe but get very tired of the constant preppy connotations. Thanks for posting these!

Your are certainly welcome and thanks for your kind words! The variety of huaraches I see during my somewhat frequent travels is quite large but I always find myself gravitating towards this type of style. Mainly for the same reasons you posted here. Another nice side benefit is the prices are incredibly reasonable yet still nice quality. With the internet nowadays if you poked around I'm sure you could probably find something the same or similar to these. I have no idea what they might cost though. Once again, thanks and I'm glad you found the photo helpful.

w.w.

Reaction score
Found this jacket and was told the limited fabric is from Dieworkwear - any ideas if it is still available? Tempted.

Attachments

• E513CAF5-89EB-403B-B6D4-D86C8E86E289.jpeg
    E513CAF5-89EB-403B-B6D4-D86C8E86E289.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 278

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this jacket and was told the limited fabric is from Dieworkwear - any ideas if it is still available? Tempted.

Perhaps @dieworkwear can chime in and let you know.

However, there probably isn't any left, as it was a run of fabric done about a year ago now - see the blog post here:

I think that a retailer or two, such as Spier and Mackay, also purchased some of the fabric and made some suits/jackets out of it but, once again, there's most likely none left.

Dadacantona

Reaction score

This will be the second time I’ve mentioned Zizek on Styleforum, which must be a record, nevertheless I think his authoritarian dad vs postmodern dad paradigm is useful here.

The old style, authoritarian dad says to his kids ”you must come with me to visit your grandparents“. The new style, postmodern dad says “I am going to see your grandparents. You don’t have to come with me but they will be upset if you don’t“. By implication, he’s saying ‘not only must you come to see your grandparents, you must also enjoy it‘. In this, and every other case, the old authoritarian dad is favourable, because at least he’s honest.

w.w.

Reaction score

However, there probably isn't any left, as it was a run of fabric done about a year ago now - see the blog post here:

I think that a retailer or two, such as Spier and Mackay, also purchased some of the fabric and made some suits/jackets out of it but, once again, there's most likely none left.
Thank you very much. The fabric looks nice from the close-up shots.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks like Spier and Mackay has it on their website as a fabric choice for MTO/MTM, so they may have some left.

There is also someone selling 7 meters on the B&S classifieds.

If you just like the fabric and don't want or need a sport coat, The Armoury had it made up in a summer safari jacket.

w.w.

Reaction score
It looks like Spier and Mackay has it on their website as a fabric choice for MTO/MTM, so they may have some left.

There is also someone selling 7 meters on the B&S classifieds.

If you just like the fabric and don't want or need a sport coat, The Armoury had it made up in a summer safari jacket.
Thanks a lot! Will look them up soon.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The old style, authoritarian dad says to his kids ”you must come with me to visit your grandparents“. The new style, postmodern dad says “I am going to see your grandparents. You don’t have to come with me but they will be upset if you don’t“. By implication, he’s saying ‘not only must you come to see your grandparents, you must also enjoy it‘. In this, and every other case, the old authoritarian dad is favourable, because at least he’s honest.

Me, the son:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

This distinction is less about “authoritarian” vs “postmodern” which, as vague a concept as it is, is utterly meaningless when applied to parenting, than it is about “ask” vs “guess” cultures.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score

This will be the second time I’ve mentioned Zizek on Styleforum, which must be a record, nevertheless I think his authoritarian dad vs postmodern dad paradigm is useful here.

That, "postmodern dad," reminds me, controlling for exaggeration, of my own father, who sometimes affected that approach in deliberate rejection of his own father, who was, in fairness, an asshole, which my father never said outright, but would sometimes imply. My father observed to me a few years ago that he noticed that we often wanted him to be more direct and authoritarian. It's not necessarily a matter of honesty, but the simplicity and decisiveness. The ostensibly kinder approach imposes a lot of ambiguities, implication and emotional burdens, or at least the potential for them, while the meaner approach is as simple as pie.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
This distinction is less about “authoritarian” vs “postmodern” which, as vague a concept as it is, is utterly meaningless when applied to parenting, than it is about “ask” vs “guess” cultures.

Zizek uses parenting here as an allegory for a type of behaviour that can be attributed to a postmodern worldview, in which the war of ideas is seemingly over, but the dominant ideology manifests itself in altogether more implicit and untruthful ways.
This askers vs guessers babble is, I would argue, more of that postmodern thinking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads