• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

slows2k

Reaction score
I reluctantly went through everything I haven’t worn in many moons to work out what I can sell to relieve the crushing pressure in my wardrobes.

Nothing feels better than a good closet purge and subsequent sale. I take GREAT satisfaction from having nothing I don't use regularly. Plus we have a small closet...

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Nothing feels better than a good closet purge and subsequent sale. I take GREAT satisfaction from having nothing I don't use regularly. Plus we have a small closet...

You’re not wrong. Unfortunately the resale market for decent clothing in my corner of the developing world is pretty much just me and one rather dapper yak herder, so my clothing sales usually involve waiting in for several nights and multiple no shows until someone finally turns up to give me $10 for a pair of pristine Kiton pants. And they’ll try to haggle it down to $5 on the doorstep. Setting fire to unwanted clothes might be a touch more satisfying.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re not wrong. Unfortunately the resale market for decent clothing in my corner of the developing world is pretty much just me and one rather dapper yak herder, so my clothing sales usually involve waiting in for several nights and multiple no shows until someone finally turns up to give me $10 for a pair of pristine Kiton pants. And they’ll try to haggle it down to $5 on the doorstep. Setting fire to unwanted clothes might be a touch more satisfying.
I send lots of CM out for consignment but get very little return on what I paid for it. Just happy that it's likely going to a good home where my suits can chase butterflies in a field so to speak. :confused2:

Last edited:

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
I send lots of CM our for consignment but get very little return on what I paid for it. Just happy that it's likely going to a good home where my suits can chase butterflies in a field so to speak. :confused2:

I usually end up giving my stuff away for free to one of my brothers-in-law, which is mildly satisfying as they’re professionals and I know the clothes will be put to good use, but still a little galling considering the amount of money I waste. Every so often, when I can’t find a local buyer no matter how low I drop the price, my father-in-law gets something nice for free. Right now there’s a 70-something nomadic herder living in a ger on the outskirts of Ulaanbaatar, without running water or a flushing toilet but with a beautiful Brioni blazer in his closet :)

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was traveling through Tibet I would see a fair amount of adults and children wearing blazers and orphan jackets. I think a lot of cm gets donated and distributed to rural communities.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Right now there’s a 70-something nomadic herder living in a ger on the outskirts of Ulaanbaatar, without running water or a flushing toilet but with a beautiful Brioni blazer in his closet :)

everything+hurts+and+im+dying.gif

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of fit pics around here lately with guys wearing shorts. Many (most?) of the guys look terrible (pasty white legs are not a good look). I blame @dieworkwear for this and I don’t like it.

At least I also feel validated...I never wear shorts out in public because I assume my legs look like the pics I’ve been seeing. Good choice by me!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of fit pics around here lately with guys wearing shorts. Many (most?) of the guys look terrible (pasty white legs are not a good look). I blame @dieworkwear for this and I don’t like it.

At least I also feel validated...I never wear shorts out in public because I assume my legs look like the pics I’ve been seeing. Good choice by me!

Best way to get tan legs is to wear shorts tho

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don’t skip leg day bro! Also helps if you go running in short shorts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads