• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

ntempleman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar concept, but rough out is intended to look closer to suede - wax calf is supposed to be sleeked and smoothed until it’s as shiny as regular calfskin

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Isolation Expert" is not an ideal title while alive, but it is a cool thing to have on your headstone.

Are you watching any TV shows? Do you have the Marcella Hazan cookbooks? Those simple sauces...

Have you dug deeper into Booker T & the MGs? Some very good sounds. I got to visit the Stax museum with ivorytowerstyle last year and we spent a little while looking at the organ and console used on Green Onions.

I ended up at a Christmas party a few years ago at a friend's uncle's house, and the uncle was Steve Cropper. He let us mess around with the guitar he used on Green Onions. My mind imploded. It was sitting in a pile of paperwork in an attic space over the garage! In the bathroom there was a candid photo of him hangin with Elvis in probably the '70s, and his wife told me which sex positions will result in a male child, and which sex positions will result in a female child. I don't remember what they were. There's never been a better time not to have had children.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait what, elastic wears out on Chelsea boots?

I bought a pair like 3 months ago, this doesn't sound good.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My most used pair of shoes are Chelseas from rm Williams. The elastic is showing no signs of wear after 5.5 years. Maybe it could stretch on lower quality boots?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Isolation Expert" is not an ideal title while alive, but it is a cool thing to have on your headstone.

Are you watching any TV shows? Do you have the Marcella Hazan cookbooks? Those simple sauces...

Have you dug deeper into Booker T & the MGs? Some very good sounds. I got to visit the Stax museum with ivorytowerstyle last year and we spent a little while looking at the organ and console used on Green Onions.

I ended up at a Christmas party a few years ago at a friend's uncle's house, and the uncle was Steve Cropper. He let us mess around with the guitar he used on Green Onions. My mind imploded. It was sitting in a pile of paperwork in an attic space over the garage! In the bathroom there was a candid photo of him hangin with Elvis in probably the '70s, and his wife told me which sex positions will result in a male child, and which sex positions will result in a female child. I don't remember what they were. There's never been a better time not to have had children.

Wow, that's an incredible story. I can't even imagine. Big fan of Booker T and the MGs, as well as Cropper's work with the Mar-Keys. This song is a favorite:

Haven't been watching much TV outside of Curb. Do you have recommendations?

Will check out Marcella Hazan's cookbooks. Vox also recommended me a book about how to mix drinks after he found out I drink salty dogs (which is basically just grapefruit juice and vodka).

Eventually, the elastic gore stretches out and looks a bit wavey, like the edge of a lettuce leaf. But you can get the gore replaced at almost any cobbler.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With what's been going on I've only really had the desire to watch things that are funny. That seems to be what sets my brain outside of reality.

Larry Sanders Show (HBO) is kind of the blueprint for a lot of modern comedy television, and since it's earlier HBO, it's stayed a little bit under the radar.

Catastrophe (on Amazon) is one of the few shows I've watched where I find it hard to breathe from laughing. Peep Show (Amazon) is another one.

Veep (HBO) is great, and if you liked that, then you'll like Avenue 5 (HBO).

The Deuce (HBO) and Sex Education (Netflix) have cool clothes.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve seen it happen and it doesn’t necessarily correlate with higher price or quality. Almost like it’s the luck of the draw. I hate the way that looks even if it’s not really visible when you’re standing. My current count is five pairs with no elastic stretching ... yet!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vox also recommended me a book about how to mix drinks after he found out I drink salty dogs (which is basically just grapefruit juice and vodka).

Find "How to Drink" channel on you tube or watch his live streams on twitch
He is not a bartender and has never worked in a bar. but plays one on the internet

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen it happen and it doesn’t necessarily correlate with higher price or quality. Almost like it’s the luck of the draw. I hate the way that looks even if it’s not really visible when you’re standing. My current count is five pairs with no elastic stretching ... yet!
Ah ok, I'll stick with the odds then.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With what's been going on I've only really had the desire to watch things that are funny. That seems to be what sets my brain outside of reality.

Larry Sanders Show (HBO) is kind of the blueprint for a lot of modern comedy television, and since it's earlier HBO, it's stayed a little bit under the radar.

Catastrophe (on Amazon) is one of the few shows I've watched where I find it hard to breathe from laughing. Peep Show (Amazon) is another one.

Veep (HBO) is great, and if you liked that, then you'll like Avenue 5 (HBO).

The Deuce (HBO) and Sex Education (Netflix) have cool clothes.

Good ****.

The Larry Sanders Show was ahead of its time in so many ways.

I really enjoyed the costuming and production design on the Deuce. (I'm just a big David Simon fan in general.) You really believe you're there, in that era as it really was, not a romanticized cosplay version of it. You need to have some patience and watch it like it's a novel, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads