• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering buying some cowboy boots after your last article. I do live in Texas, so it wouldn't be out of place.
Today is Go Texans Day in Houston. I'm wearing my gatorskin cowboy boots today along with my hat. I get a lot of weird looks at work because Asian people don't wear these types of things.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how about barbanera cowboy boots, I'm sure they're not "proper" cowboy boots, but they look good on pictures at least

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about barbanera cowboy boots, I'm sure they're not "proper" cowboy boots, but they look good on pictures at least
They are cool, but yes, not proper "cowboy" boots, if you care about such things.

lazym

Reaction score
The lucchese store is a few minutes away from my office so I stopped by after work and tried a few pairs on.
20200228_172905.jpg
20200228_172643.jpg
I really like that grey suede.
20200228_173850.jpg
These side zipped Chelsea's made a thunk when I tried them on. They felt really nice. I would have got a pair if it weren't for the NMWA preorders. They come in calfskin but were out of stock.
20200228_173818.jpg
$13k pair of boots.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll have to check out some images of people wearing them later. Also forgot to mention I’m looking for something lightweight and 4 season.
@Parker once showed up at my place with one of the coolest outfits I've ever seen: white t-shirt, faded black Dickies (or Ben Davis?), and black Birkenstocks. Perhaps only he could wear it that well though.

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Parker once showed up at my place with one of the coolest outfits I've ever seen: white t-shirt, faded black Dickies (or Ben Davis?), and black Birkenstocks.
Something like Dickies might be a good inexpensive option to tide me over until I figure out what I really want. Never heard of Ben Davis so I’ll have to check them out. Thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Something like Dickies might be a good inexpensive option to tide me over until I figure out what I really want. Never heard of Ben Davis so I’ll have to check them out. Thanks.

There's also a brand called Red Kap that's in the same vein as Ben Davis and Dickies. Basically stuff that skaters and gang bangers used to wear (at least in California). They were originally an American workwear brand. I don't know if the modern stuff is any good, but the vintage stuff is legit. At least as legit as these can get. Most of these are poly-cotton blend work pants, so you know, you're buying them more for their cultural association than build quality.

I remember guys used to alter them like this. This is the taper. You hem with staples.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also a brand called Red Kap that's in the same vein as Ben Davis and Dickies. Basically stuff that skaters and gang bangers used to wear (at least in California). They were originally an American workwear brand. I don't know if the modern stuff is any good, but the vintage stuff is legit. At least as legit as these can get. Most of these are poly-cotton blend work pants, so you know, you're buying them more for their cultural association than build quality.

I remember guys used to alter them like this. This is the taper. You hem with staples.

Or you can buy a few pairs that are remade by Needles for about 10x the price. They do use some cool contrast stitching and have articulated knees and a deep taper though.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Tecovas boots?
GY welted. Hecho en Mexico. Seems like a decent boot for a good price.

I like the roper in both calf and suede.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

do you want to put inside jeans leg looks like you need bootcut or fairly relaxed jeans to do that (hence why I find say Barbanera’s offering appealing)

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No boot tuck for me. Jeans on the outside of boots. My denim is straight fit.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look great, I also like their side zip. Nice to see some alternatives in the 200 - 300 USD price range.

Does anyone know of other side zips that cost around 2-300 USD?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've warmed up to this

It looked grotesque to me, but now it looks fun.

@dieworkwear how comfortable was that bespoke coat you tried?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've warmed up to this

It looked grotesque to me, but now it looks fun.

@dieworkwear how comfortable was that bespoke coat you tried?

I always love structure shoulder, just can't take the Edward Sexton price (or any of the top English structured guy's bespoke price)...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads