• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Give it a hard kick and GTFO

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It may be ready to fall but as you can’t control when and in which direction, it’s pretty dangerous.

Cut that holding wood and release it. If it doesn’t fall there are ways to drag down or roll off a hung tree. A comealong around the base will pull it down in a controlled way. If it isn’t hung in a fork, you can bore cut a hole through the base, cut a sapling snd insert it into the hole. That will give you enough leverage to roll it off the living tree and bring it down.

lefty

Alexidb

Reaction score
It may be ready to fall but as you can’t control when and in which direction, it’s pretty dangerous.
It’s 500 yards from the house and down a significant slope, I’m really not worried about anyone being around it in the near future. We’ve got snow and high winds in the next 12 hours. I’d be very surprised if it’s still up by the end of the week, at most the end of the month. For now I’m gonna let it do it’s own thing.

eddit:
PS it just went down.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the tree is down. What are we going to talk about now?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the tree is down. What are we going to talk about now?

I want MAXIMUM slouch and drape. I ended up going for a classic cut trench coat, and I love how it looks and feels with a cinched belt. I've gotten **** for how it looks, but it is by far my comfiest coat.

tumblr_inline_p575pyA7ik1qfex1b_500.jpg

Alexidb

Reaction score
On men’s vs women’s wear and interesting drapes and fabric, I used to love the Anthropology catalogs in the mid aughts and tried to figure a way to do similar things with my clothing but not looking too feminine.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On men’s vs women’s wear and interesting drapes and fabric, I used to love the Anthropology catalogs in the mid aughts and tried to figure a way to do similar things with my clothing but not looking too feminine.
Have any pictures you can post if you still have the catalogs or your clothes?

Alexidb

Reaction score
Have any pictures you can post if you still have the catalogs or your clothes?
Unfortunately in 2005 while I was out of the country the basement my stuff was being stored in was flooded and I lost lots of stuff, photos were mostly gone, sketchbooks from art school, a couple boxes of fossils and arrowheads, etc.

Last edited:

Alexidb

Reaction score

The catalogs are no longer supported, but the covers are visible.

this is more individual pieces.

42617552-ACAF-46CD-92A7-0E155219FDC2.jpeg

I wanted to dress like this, but male. I didn’t know what that was. It was kinda disheartening tbh, I felt like if I didn’t dress in a masculine way, even if I hung out with punks, goths, and assorted art school goofs I got flak. I still get flak but at 40 I feel much easier telling people to just ******* deal with it.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anthropologie sells a lot of stuff that crosses over into menswear. They had Kapital for a while, including the same Kapital scarves sold at menswear shops. They also do that boho-chic look that was popular with women in the early aughts. In some ways, that's coming back in menswear with the French chore coats, oversized sweaters, and Blundstones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads