• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see MAGA tour groups all the time here in DC. Entire school trips wearing that hat. Ugh.

Alexidb

Reaction score
1BEF6F72-698F-4299-99BA-EBC421B616F3.jpeg
Y’all motherfuckers need some class warfare.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather see Gritty standing by the Washington Monument when I jog by instead of large groups of slack-jawed MAGA kids. Oops, judgmental again...

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tweet I posted above -- of the person being reprimanded about their car -- is a perfect example. Someone assumes something about a person's virtue based on the car they drive. And it's their employer! That's insane.
There isn't much about virtue in the letter ("it's bad to be poor"), and plenty about worrying about a broke employee doing illegal things to get back in the black ("theft, fraud" "financial distress" "difficult time financially" "your salary is known to us"), whether or not that is justified.

Alexidb

Reaction score
There isn't much about virtue in the letter ("it's bad to be poor"), and plenty about worrying about a broke employee doing illegal things to get back in the black

Virtue
noun
  1. behavior showing high moral standards.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Virtue
noun
  1. behavior showing high moral standards.

I always remember that line from the Bible:

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who drives a crappy car to enter the kingdom of God, for he or she may do illegal things to get back in the black. Whether or not it is justified to exclude people based on what they drive, who can say? Let us not judge people based on their exclusionary behavior, advised Jesus."

Alexidb

Reaction score
edit: I’m not as funny as I thought I was

Last edited:

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
edit: I’m not as funny as I thought I was

You're as funny as I thought that you were.

I've never thought of you before.

Take that as you will.

Burma shave.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was hoping I would be able to see the condition of so said vehicle...

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"One verse, lifted apparently from a joke that country singer Randy Travis told at a concert, goes: 'Boy wants a car from his dad/ Dad says, 'First you gotta cut that hair'/ Boy says, 'Hey Dad, Jesus had long hair'/ and Dad says, 'That's right, son: Jesus walked everywhere.'"

Dude please write a new controversial thing this is getting to be a major bummer in my life and I CAN'T STOP CHECKING IN HERE FOR SOME REASON.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads