• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Psyko

Reaction score
lol. I made a parody BJJ tutorial with my oldest daughter yesterday, and posted it to a private (gym only) FB group: effective techniques against much smaller opponents.
Smaller opponents are the worst to roll against, though. So much space for them to occupy first.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Smaller opponents are the worst to roll against, though. So much space for them to occupy first.
I have a partner who is a 5’4” power lifter. So, short, with even shorter legs, but explosive, and not “small” per se. Maybe 175-180. He can reguard with ridiculous ease. I basically can only use twister side control or kesa gatame on him. Regular side control is basically useless. If he passes your guard, on the other hand, reguarding is ridiculously hard.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a partner who is a 5’4” power lifter. So, short, with even shorter legs, but explosive, and not “small” per se. Maybe 175-180. He can reguard with ridiculous ease. I basically can only use twister side control or kesa gatame on him. Regular side control is basically useless. If he passes your guard, on the other hand, reguarding is ridiculously hard.
I feel I speak for most when I say this is not the appropriate place to brag about your sexual shenanigans and conquests. Keep it classy. Thank you.

ezev

Reaction score
This is a dumb question but I’m bored. Does grey wool cavalry twill fabric exist? Everyone talks about its superiority to flannel for trousers but for RTW I only find it in khaki/olive. What’s the deal?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We sell grey cav twill pants every fall winter season

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a dumb question but I’m bored. Does grey wool cavalry twill fabric exist? Everyone talks about its superiority to flannel for trousers but for RTW I only find it in khaki/olive. What’s the deal?
Just counted 10 grey twill cloth samples in the Holland & Sherry Dakota book. Every other twill book has at least one or two. It's practically ubiquitous.

ezev

Reaction score

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's the opposite of flannel in every way. Worsted and woolen flannel has a nap. Twill does not. Twills have a design element to the weave that distinguishes the variations, calvary, whipcord, covert. Flannels are worsted; tighter weave. Woolen flannel is softer and often has a marled effect but no pattern created from the weave. Twills don't bag or stretch like flannels. Twills don't retain heat like a flannel is prone to do.

lazym

Reaction score
Double Wham. Now here is where I over analyse the material. Is it really better than flannel?Or different use case?
I wouldn't call it better, just different. Cavalry twill wears a little cooler, and the texture is smoother than flannel. The texture really depends on the fabric though. I have cavalry twill from O'Connell's and Rota; the O'Connell's are smooth with a slight sheen while the Rota's are more of a matte. I prefer the Rota's for what it's worth.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
An angel descends from the heavens. Rota I assume?
Yes, also our own tailoring line made by Sartoria Carrara for a single-pleated option

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.