• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve been in the Family for at least a decade and I have no idea what Derek actually looks like or does for work. He’s an International Man of Mystery.
Okay, listen. Open secret, but when you hit 10K posts and a reaction score of at least 5K, pictures of all the members appear in the place of their avatars. If you know, you know.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I’m saying is: I never wanted a pair of black tassel loafers in my life, but 2 DWW articles on them and I’m $500 poorer.
how about always want tassel but none worked (Alden tassel/CJ Canvandish/Carmina Forest/Carmina Uteam) and just for further frustrated...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW that pic Derek posted of me in the tweed suit also has black loafers, but they’re LHS unlined cordovan. I wear them whenever there’s something black, grey, or white in the outfit. Otherwise I wear some shade of brown or color 8 LHS.

Since we’re about the same size Derek and I routinely swap clothes, which would be great but his stuff is always full of cat hair and some weird scent he’s trying out, so I send them along to LuxeSwap. When he asks for them back I just make up some story about my car getting broken into.

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW that pic Derek posted of me in the tweed suit also has black loafers, but they’re LHS unlined cordovan. I wear them whenever there’s something black, grey, or white in the outfit. Otherwise I wear some shade of brown or color 8 LHS.

Since we’re about the same size Derek and I routinely swap clothes, which would be great but his stuff are always full of cat hair and some weird scent he’s trying out, so I send them along to LuxeSwap. When he asks for them back I just make up some story about my car getting broken into.
anchorman-sex-panther-cologne.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how about always want tassel but none worked (Alden tassel/CJ Canvandish/Carmina Forest/Carmina Uteam) and just for further frustrated...
speaking of which any other to try? I want comfortable toe box and tight heel (toebox is wide ish but heel needs to be tight)

Alden in Aberdeen is too narrow in toe box, tried up width heel too loose, up size then too long. CJ Canvadish/Carmina Forest/Uteam same toebox issue (so Simpson is out too). I would think something like CJ 341 would work (since Sydney kind worked). I have one pair L&T (lazyman) their heel feels kind big so skipped on their tassel all together.

if I can try AM’s loafer in person I would but give my bad track record on loafer fits only want to buy loafer if I can try in person on sizing first...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Last edited:

flashjack

Reaction score
speaking of which any other to try? I want comfortable toe box and tight heel (toebox is wide ish but heel needs to be tight)

Alden in Aberdeen is too narrow in toe box, tried up width heel too loose, up size then too long. CJ Canvadish/Carmina Forest/Uteam same toebox issue (so Simpson is out too). I would think something like CJ 341 would work (since Sydney kind worked). I have one pair L&T (lazyman) their heel feels kind big so skipped on their tassel all together.

if I can try AM’s loafer in person I would but give my bad track record on loafer fits only want to buy loafer if I can try in person on sizing first...
CJ for Anglo Italian Studridge?

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we’re about the same size Derek and I routinely swap clothes, which would be great but his stuff is always full of cat hair and some weird scent he’s trying out, so I send them along to LuxeSwap. When he asks for them back I just make up some story about my car getting broken into.
Tell me more about this "Derek" ...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CJ for Anglo Italian Studridge?

Nice, never heard of last 72and this sound tight

low vamp (I’m higher ish instep), low toe profile (this alone could be fine as long width is not.m narrower but hard to tell) and reduced toe spring.

maybe I should try the new Forest Son RTW at Armoury, I know EG on 184 didn’t work (don’t remember if EG tassel is on 184 though), GG KN14 is too slick for tassel (so is J Fitz)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 145 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%