• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to hold out for the LVC sawtooth when and if it comes back. Just got off the phone with the HQ store at Levi Plaza and they don't currently carry any LVC which to me is very surprising. I hope they haven't decided to stop the LVC line.

Check out Bryceland's 50's exact repro of the sawtooth. Its cut and sewn in Japan, great hardware and the denim is exactly as it was in the 50's (sanforized and the weight).

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear
Is the Barbanera shorter than the Bryceland? Bryceland looks great but I don’t really need the length for tucking.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True story at work today, 10 minutes ago:

I bumped a 5 gallon bucket of standing water from the drywallers, and it spilled everywhere. Suddenly the room was filled with the worst stench I have ever experienced, and I saw the bucket had floaties and crusted poo in it.

Pic
Dude I was eating.

Still eating.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear
Is the Barbanera shorter than the Bryceland? Bryceland looks great but I don’t really need the length for tucking.

I don't have a Bryceland's shirt. I've only seen the black denim one on @UrbanComposition

The Barbanera shirts are a bit wonky. For one, I think you'd want to size up. The main thing is that the shirt is very tapered in the middle, but the chest also runs a bit slim for its size.

The other thing is that I've found that the size is slightly inconsistent between fabrics. The "velvet corduroy" one I bought is ever-so-slighlty smaller than the black corduroy (I bought two). Not enough for you to want to change sizes, but it's there. I'm bringing the velvet corduroy one to the tailor to have it adjusted.

The velvet cord one seems to be sold out. I don't know what the other cord models run like, but if they're the same as the black corduroy, then a medium has a 20.5" chest and 30" length. Comparing this to Bryceland's website, where they give measurements for their black denim shirt, a medium in Barbanera's black corduroy shirt would equate to size 36 in Bryceland's. And from those measurements, it seems like Bryceland's is two inches longer.

So, black cord Babanera shirt in size medium: 20.5" chest and 30" length

And black denim Bryceland's shirt in size 36: 20.5" chest and 32" length

Barbanera is a seven-button placket. Bryceland's is a six-button placket (from what it looks on their website, anyway). If you wanted a shorter shirt, it would be easier to buy the Bryceland's and have a tailor take the hem up (maybe @UrbanComposition can confirm the button number). IMO, the Barbanera's should be tucked in.

The main thing about the Bryceland's, I think, is that the fabric is stiffer and heavier. It seemed soft after a bit of wash and wear, but I imagine you also have to be willing to put in the work to break in the fabric.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Bryceland's shirt. I've only seen the black denim one on @UrbanComposition

The Barbanera shirts are a bit wonky. For one, I think you'd want to size up. The main thing is that the shirt is very tapered in the middle, but the chest also runs a bit slim for its size.

The other thing is that I've found that the size is slightly inconsistent between fabrics. The "velvet corduroy" one I bought is ever-so-slighlty smaller than the black corduroy (I bought two). Not enough for you to want to change sizes, but it's there. I'm bringing the velvet corduroy one to the tailor to have it adjusted.

The velvet cord one seems to be sold out. I don't know what the other cord models run like, but if they're the same as the black corduroy, then a medium has a 20.5" chest and 30" length. Comparing this to Bryceland's website, where they give measurements for their black denim shirt, a medium in Barbanera's black corduroy shirt would equate to size 36 in Bryceland's. And from those measurements, it seems like Bryceland's is two inches longer.

So, black cord Babanera shirt in size medium: 20.5" chest and 30" length

And black denim Bryceland's shirt in size 36: 20.5" chest and 32" length

Barbanera is a seven-button placket. Bryceland's is a six-button placket (from what it looks on their website, anyway). If you wanted a shorter shirt, it would be easier to buy the Bryceland's and have a tailor take the hem up (maybe @UrbanComposition can confirm the button number). IMO, the Barbanera's should be tucked in.

The main thing about the Bryceland's, I think, is that the fabric is stiffer and heavier. It seemed soft after a bit of wash and wear, but I imagine you also have to be willing to put in the work to break in the fabric.
Yep, the Bryceland's has six snaps. Definitely runs true to size, and if you're between sizes I'd recommend sizing up, since the fabric doesn't give. It tapers at the waist as well, but not overly. Tails are long but can easily be tailored.

The black Cash shirt gets softer after the first wash. It's twill and breaks down like most with every wash. I'm kind of a stickler for keeping blacks black so after a while I'll probably dye it again (I've done that with my COF jeans).

Can't speak from experience about how the denim sawtooths feel initially or after washing, though. @Gus what's been your experience with it?

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Capital T Texans eat burgers with knives and forks? Yes, yes they do.
No they eat sub-par burgers from a place with a giant W (not wrangler) on the wrapper. I consider myself a Texan and own an Open Road hat but don’t understand the obsession with what a burger.

Nader393

Reaction score
Do you have a high heat tolerance?

Not going to lie, my ego was absolutely destroyed after that night. I would normally challenge anyone, but that night really killed me.

Another time, when I was an undergrad, I was invited to a grad student party. I wanted to go to grad school so badly at the time. I thought being an academic was the coolest thing. So I was obviously super, super psyched that these grad students thought I was cool enough to be invited to their party.

Anyway, the two guys I was friends with were of Polish and English descent. They invited me into the kitchen to have drinks, but they kept knocking back these shots. I wasn't going to let myself look dumb in front of all these cool people, so I tried to keep up with them. They kept knocking drinks back and back and back. I normally don't even knock drinks back, I sip gently and slowly like a polite little mouse. But I didn't want to let my hosts down.

I don't even remember what happened, to be honest. My only memory is waking up briefly and finding myself laying stomach down on the host's bed while puking into a bucket. One of the grad students was patting me on the back. The next day, like a schmuck, I went back to that house with a huge hangover and profusely apologized.

I don't know you, but I feel closer to you, because I did this exact same thing.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No they eat sub-par burgers from a place with a giant W (not wrangler) on the wrapper. I consider myself a Texan and own an Open Road hat but don’t understand the obsession with what a burger.
@DFWWingnut
Maybe I've seen you in the drive-thru at Braums! Get a W burger because they are close to or in the airports.
Only burger I eat when I visit Dallas is at The Armoury D.E. in Deep Ellum
Well, sometimes at The Angry Dog in DE too. Snuffers used to be great but now it's crap. Go there when I feel nostalgic but chicken sandwich>burger.
Now back to appreciating Derek

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads