• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a high heat tolerance?

Not going to lie, my ego was absolutely destroyed after that night. I would normally challenge anyone, but that night really killed me.

Another time, when I was an undergrad, I was invited to a grad student party. I wanted to go to grad school so badly at the time. I thought being an academic was the coolest thing. So I was obviously super, super psyched that these grad students thought I was cool enough to be invited to their party.

Anyway, the two guys I was friends with were of Polish and English descent. They invited me into the kitchen to have drinks, but they kept knocking back these shots. I wasn't going to let myself look dumb in front of all these cool people, so I tried to keep up with them. They kept knocking drinks back and back and back. I normally don't even knock drinks back, I sip gently and slowly like a polite little mouse. But I didn't want to let my hosts down.

I don't even remember what happened, to be honest. My only memory is waking up briefly and finding myself laying stomach down on the host's bed while puking into a bucket. One of the grad students was patting me on the back. The next day, like a schmuck, I went back to that house with a huge hangover and profusely apologized.

It is a though Job, but somebody has to be the most drunk at a party. If anything you make other people feel better as they atleast is not the drunken fool. I have had this Job my self a couple of times and I had some friends at University who took this task very seriously.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand are the tees?
I did a fair amount of research on these and the two that fit me best were Flat Head’s Glory Park and Strike Gold (both purchased from Self Edge in Manhattan) and the off-white is not loop-wheeled but came from a brand that is available in only a few Asian markets (I think) called Glad Hand & Co. The two loopwheeled were about $100/each while the Glad Hand was about $60.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of western shirts, I am surprised that I can't find a 1955 LVC sawtooth shirt in rigid. I went to Levi's in downtown SF and they didn't even have a LVC section let alone a shirt. I asked where the LVC was and they pointed to a small rack w/ a handful of tshirts. My search for a western shirt took me to a legit old western shop in Richmond, Ca. They had a gang of Wrangler shirts but the patterns were a bit too wild. Almost had them order me a Stetson Open Road, though. No idea how I'd wear it but it's a cool hat, none the less. I'll take a look at Taylor Stitch.
I think @dieworkwear mentioned it but you can get Wrangler western denim snap shirts for pretty cheap and they’re nice.

emptym

Reaction score
I like the W. But I have some sentimentality towards Wrangler. They were my favorite jeans as a kid because they resisted wear in the knees better than any other pants. I haven't had a pair of their jeans for a long time, but I do have a denim shirt that I've had for about 20 yrs. The tails are long though. Iirc, that's so they stay tucked in even if you're riding a bucking bronco or bull.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Stevenson Overall western shirts. It's a classic menswear tale. Old American company relaunched by some Japanese dudes. Kiya from Self Edge seems to be a fan of the brand.

To be fair, I like them, in part, because they are cut short. They work untucked, but may be too short for some.

Reactions: Gus

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything but a Wrangler shirt on a “real” cowboy these days. That’s about all the western wear stores used to carry, when they were still around at any rate.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a Texan I qualified to say you should't wear a brush popper if you ain't popping brush.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a Texan I qualified to say you should't wear a brush popper if you ain't popping brush.

Of course. Just as you shouldn't wear a bomber if you're not a bomber pilot, or a motorcycle jacket if you're don't ride motorcycles, or fatigues if you're not a veteran (or fatigued)...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. Just as you shouldn't wear a bomber if you're not a bomber pilot, or a motorcycle jacket if you're don't ride motorcycles, or fatigues if you're not a veteran (or fatigued)...

If that dog won't hunt, it won't hunt. Stated differently, you can kill all the rattlesnakes in Abilene, but you ain't making sweet tea.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything but a Wrangler shirt on a “real” cowboy these days. That’s about all the western wear stores used to carry, when they were still around at any rate.
I used to buy wrangler PBR jeans at Shepplers in Wichita in the late 90s and bring them back East with me. I remember being told that real cowboys wear baseball caps and t-shirts, Mexicans dress up like cowboys.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my western snap shirt on the jobsite today, does that make me a poseur? :confused2: I’m just trimming out fixtures.
E3969C6F-7567-4276-94B7-9CD7BC98A70A.jpeg

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to hold out for the LVC sawtooth when and if it comes back. Just got off the phone with the HQ store at Levi Plaza and they don't currently carry any LVC which to me is very surprising. I hope they haven't decided to stop the LVC line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics