• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RJ had some phenomenal articles on the ASW site. Maybe my favorite menswear articles. Still remember one about the Coral cuff links.
As one of the best shows on TV used to say, Keep circulating the tapes. And check my tumblr for updates as I’ve spent years researching, interviewing and... experiencing... to develop something much more evocative that should be seeing some form of print one of these years. Currently with the editor.

Dieworkwear thread hijack over.

Psyko

Reaction score
Can personally speak to the awesomeness of the Rubato turtlenecks. Lambswool, which is a rougher than merino and geelong, but still wearable. Nice high neck with a great length for higher waisted trousers.
View attachment 1279463
Nice. I was wondering if they would fit under a sports jacket. And I presume the lambswool isn't too warm and itchy?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I was wondering if they would fit under a sports jacket. And I presume the lambswool isn't too warm and itchy?
Warmer than the Howlin’ geelong/merino but not too bad. It’s definitely denser and they leave the oils in the yarn, so it’s not so much itchy as it’s crunchy and robust.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Atlantic covering the topic Derek just wrote about at PTO. Hard to believe she can sell stuff with a straight face after getting everyone to dump their belongings. Huckster 101 I guess.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Atlantic covering the topic Derek just wrote about at PTO. Hard to believe she can sell stuff with a straight face after getting everyone to dump their belongings. Huckster 101 I guess.

Hahahaha that's amazing

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear would a bath robe/gown made by one's tailor typically run the same as a safari jacket?

what's a good material that's comfy, hardy (optional), great drape, but one that I can comfortably wash if I spill some egg on it?

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear would a bath robe/gown made by one's tailor typically run the same as a safari jacket?

what's a good material that's comfy, hardy (optional), great drape, but one that I can comfortably wash if I spill some egg on it?
Prob best to ask your tailor. I use Ascot Chang. Can't remember what I pay, but it's something around 500 or 700 CMT.

Cotton is prob the only one you can really wash. I wear my cotton one somewhat often. It's a khadhi cotton dyed indigo. The others are Fox Flannel and an Adamnley-for-Drake's silk. Those drape better, but they're not washable.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prob best to ask your tailor. I use Ascot Chang. Can't remember what I pay, but it's something around 500 or 700 CMT.

Cotton is prob the only one you can really wash. I wear my cotton one somewhat often. It's a khadhi cotton dyed indigo. The others are Fox Flannel and an Adamnley-for-Drake's silk. Those drape better, but they're not washable.
CMT?

Hmm, I was thinking of Flannel and possibly hand washing it in woolite.

So it sounds like it's between cotton and flannel for me.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call on that mustard Iron Heart flannel @dieworkwear. I brought it up in the should I buy it thread a month or so ago, but I am still torn about wether to get the work shirt or western. Leaning towards work shirt, since most my other stuff is up that same alley... It sure looks to be an incredibly nice pattern/fabric.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good call on that mustard Iron Heart flannel @dieworkwear. I brought it up in the should I buy it thread a month or so ago, but I am still torn about wether to get the work shirt or western. Leaning towards work shirt, since most my other stuff is up that same alley... It sure looks to be an incredibly nice pattern/fabric.
Yea, I love those Iron Hearts. Although I do find the normal work shirt pattern a little easier to wear. Most stores seem to stock the Western one. I still like those, but find I mostly just wear them on their own with jeans.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I love those Iron Hearts. Although I do find the normal work shirt pattern a little easier to wear. Most stores seem to stock the Western one. I still like those, but find I mostly just wear them on their own with jeans.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. The mustard pattern is actually only carried by one shop except the IH Webshop. Dunno why, but I guess people who like IH in general prefer the western style. Most other IH shirts are also western styles. I guess it goes together better with the whole IH motorcycle esthetic, compared to "boring" work shirts.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 138 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 260 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 125 15.8%
  • 31 - 40