• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but this season is really appealing. I feel like I dismissed the brand forever. But then, this season, I started seriously looking at their catalog.

Right now, they have a British SBS Canoe smock for about $375

View attachment 1632522

A fishing jacket that reminds me of a cool piece from Naissance a few years ago (bummed I missed out on that piece). This is again $375, which is like the price of a sweater nowadays in fashion.

View attachment 1632523

Corduroy Western shirts in three colors for like $110

View attachment 1632524

Tons of basic and classic sweaters starting around $100
View attachment 1632525 View attachment 1632526

Potentially too slim, but also potentially good topcoat for $450
View attachment 1632527

Anyway, could go on and on. I was going to write a post for PTO about it, but then it fell by the wayside. I used two of their jackets in a separate post about how to dress for the reopening. They have a 10% or 20% off coupon if you sign up for their newsletter. I think their offerings this season are interesting, but I've never bought anything from them.

Speaking of fishing jackets, did you end up getting the Ralph Lauren wading jacket from this spring season? I know you posted pics of it a couple different times and it does look great.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I don't know, but this season is really appealing. I feel like I dismissed the brand forever. But then, this season, I started seriously looking at their catalog.

View attachment 1632522

A fishing jacket that reminds me of a cool piece from Naissance a few years ago (bummed I missed out on that piece). This is again $375, which is like the price of a sweater nowadays in fashion.

View attachment 1632523

View attachment 1632524

View attachment 1632527

Anyway, could go on and on. I was going to write a post for PTO about it, but then it fell by the wayside. I used two of their jackets in a separate post about how to dress for the reopening. They have a 10% or 20% off coupon if you sign up for their newsletter. I think their offerings this season are interesting, but I've never bought anything from them.

ooooh that first sweater looks cool. I have an LL Bean one in the same color and pattern from 2011 from their signature line. Big New England vibes. Incidentally I had considered letting it go because it’s a very shallow v neck and sort of looks funny without a collared shirt underneath, so the j peterman crew neck is really appealing.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1632522

View attachment 1632523

View attachment 1632524

View attachment 1632527

Geez, those seem really good and so reasonably priced. Am I remembering wrong that they didn't always have actual product shots of their clothes and used to only put up drawings of their clothes? I recall looking through their site a couple years ago and being pretty turned off, but maybe I'll try something of theirs in the next season or so.

Edit - looks like they make any pants under a 32 waist…

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, those seem really good and so reasonably priced. Am I remembering wrong that they didn't always have actual product shots of their clothes and used to only put up drawings of their clothes? I recall looking through their site a couple years ago and being pretty turned off, but maybe I'll try something of theirs in the next season or so.

That was certainly their "thing" back in the days of their print catalog (pre-internet)...drawings of the product and a cute little story from J. Peterman himself. I think they still do the drawings but also now include product photos (at least of some of the stuff, if not all).

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a pair of JP's Gurkha Shorts. They showed up baggy, and with reverse double pleats=looks like a skirt on me.

I had them tailored down and they look and feel great. Great value even with tailoring costs.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of fishing jackets, did you end up getting the Ralph Lauren wading jacket from this spring season? I know you posted pics of it a couple different times and it does look great.

I didn't. I have a tan jacket that's somewhat similar, so passed on that one.

Still interested in getting a green one though. The brand Ideal used to do some great ones back in the day.

201885514_498077804762373_1188937615199035403_n.jpg

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't. I have a tan jacket that's somewhat similar, so passed on that one.

Still interested in getting a green one though. The brand Ideal used to do some great ones back in the day.

View attachment 1632728

David Coggins teased a while back that he's working on a collaboration for the "perfect fishing jacket"...I assume it will be functional from a fishing point of view but also (I hope) fashionable. Not sure who the collab partner will be.

eighttrees

Reaction score
David Coggins teased a while back that he's working on a collaboration for the "perfect fishing jacket"...I assume it will be functional from a fishing point of view but also (I hope) fashionable. Not sure who the collab partner will be.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Hmmm..sold out in my size so it doesn't really matter, but I don't know how I feel about that. I'd like a little more "fishing jacket" and a little less "chore coat/safari jacket/sport coat hybrid thing".

tgaith77

Reaction score
Denim related question: Anyone have experience with using Railcar's downsizing or tapering services? I came across a few people in the Momotaro thread who had good success in using it, just looking for a few more data points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads