• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer, these corduroy shorts look great, and Birdwell quality into the bargain.

Any idea what the fit is like? They say 'take your usual waist size' but don't of course provide any waist measurements. Do you own a pair?
unfortunately i don't. i was going to test a few pairs out and see how they go. they have free returns if you're within the US and spend over $150 on a order.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Birdwell shorts, but I have some insight into the brand. For decades it was a small family owned company headquarted in Orange County, and they famously ran very true to size, such that most people would say they ran small. A few years ago an investor bought the company and they changed the pattern to something more modern (made them lower waisted), and changed to modern vanity sizing. And old 34 measured exactly 34", and now everything measures 2" more than tagged size.

I talked to some guys from the new management at Inspiration a few years ago - some of their changes bummed me out. The biggest thing was that Birdwell had like 30+ different colors in stock, and would make any of them MTO. The new managment eliminated most of the oddball colors, i.e., some of my favorites, like watermelon and coral, purple - so many cool colors, all gone.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Love seeing someone with such a good grasp on their own sense of style. You look so comfortable in both the tailored and casual fits.

@DavidLane what kind of casual gear do you rock in the summer when it’s too hot for flannels and boots?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Red

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 50.0%