• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

jaaz16

Reaction score
In the vein of some of Derek’s posts what is everyone looking forward to wearing this spring summer?

for me, some light easy pants, popovers/long sleeve polos, espadrilles, an some tailoring again!

I’m looking forward to working in some loafers. For the longest time, I really didn’t consider myself a loafer guy. Just not my thing. But then a couple summers ago I had to buy a pair last minute to wear with a kurta for a wedding I was a groomsman in. I read “loafers for loafing” and a few other articles before convincing myself buying Aldens was stupid, even if they were the best fit with the rest of my wardrobe, because like I said: not a loafer guy.

Anyway, I bought some very low quality ostensibly “snuff suede” loafers thinking I might wear them once and never again. But I kind of loved them? And I got a bunch of compliments even though they were pretty bottom barrel (and this was a wedding with lots of flexing). At the beginning of the pandemic I bought a pair of beefrolls from Rancourt during their first round of crowdsourcing but didn’t have too many opportunities to wear them when they arrived in October. So, yeah: I’m looking forward to working some loafers into some summer fits.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linen, linen, and more linen.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read “loafers for loafing” and a few other articles before convincing myself buying Aldens was stupid, even if they were the best fit with the rest of my wardrobe, because like I said: not a loafer guy.

This is funny bc i've tried a couple different loafers and hated them all - trying to avoid dropping $600 on Alden suede flex welts which I've tried on and are insanely comfy out of the box.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is funny bc i've tried a couple different loafers and hated them all - trying to avoid dropping $600 on Alden suede flex welts which I've tried on and are insanely comfy out of the box.
A year and a half in, and I've finally broken in my Meermin Snuff loafers.
I knew it was just a matter of time.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to working in some loafers. For the longest time, I really didn’t consider myself a loafer guy. Just not my thing. But then a couple summers ago I had to buy a pair last minute to wear with a kurta for a wedding I was a groomsman in. I read “loafers for loafing” and a few other articles before convincing myself buying Aldens was stupid, even if they were the best fit with the rest of my wardrobe, because like I said: not a loafer guy.

Anyway, I bought some very low quality ostensibly “snuff suede” loafers thinking I might wear them once and never again. But I kind of loved them? And I got a bunch of compliments even though they were pretty bottom barrel (and this was a wedding with lots of flexing). At the beginning of the pandemic I bought a pair of beefrolls from Rancourt during their first round of crowdsourcing but didn’t have too many opportunities to wear them when they arrived in October. So, yeah: I’m looking forward to working some loafers into some summer fits.
Got bitten by the loafer bug a few years ago. C&J Harvard's became my favorites and wear them with tailoring or casual wear all year. Aldens very nice as well.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pants and loafers.
My upper half has remained virtually unchanged, but save for ~5 occasions, I have worn shorts and Chucks since the various lockdowns began.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I'm not Derek but I can't commit to just one look. I like the variation. The result is that I have a very wide variety of clothes and can dress in a number of styles. I like being able to see a look that I like and put something together that's close or has some elements from that look.

You can take a look through my instagram feed. I don't think I have a signature look. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'd love to hear it. I change it enough that people might see me in different things each time even if they see me from week to week. Nothing too extreme but just different styles.

I also like that I can combine things from different styles to come up with something a little different. For example, wearing Kapital Century Denim Jeans in a casual classic menswear style:

View attachment 1571850

The downside is that it does take up a lot of space.

Perhaps this reply is a little late, but--to me at least--you have a pretty distinctive style. You play around with many different items, but most of your looks are pretty distinctively you. (I think this a good thing.) Your look may not have a label--Ivy, workwear, Neapolitan, British country gentleman, etc.--that can be easily slapped onto it, but I could describe it pretty well, and it all forms a pretty coherent whole.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh man, I got so hype with loafers. I also thought they'd work great with western clothing and kurta pyjamas.

Turns out my feet have 0 tolerance for the unforgiving fit of a loafer. I may become that guy who wears chelsea boots year round.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have 0 desire to try and buy new shoes? I used to love shoes, but now I dread the thought of ordering anything and wondering if it will fit.

My right foot is a good bit wider than my left, and every pair necessitates stretching at home.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most looking forward to wearing a graphic t of whichever company's vaccine I end up getting. Also my dumb fishing hat.
here for vaccine merch

Having worked for drug & biotech companies for 20+ years I've received donated hundreds of company branded fleece jackets and dri-fit polo shirts. I always wondered why these companies chose sweat wicking technology shirts for us to stand around a booth in a convention center. Wonder what @SpooPoker could get for my 90's era vintage J&J golf shirts.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have 0 desire to try and buy new shoes? I used to love shoes, but now I dread the thought of ordering anything and wondering if it will fit.

My right foot is a good bit wider than my left, and every pair necessitates stretching at home.
Same with me. Feet destroyed by an Army career and always a hard fit. I never order shoes unless I already own a pair from the same last. Took me forever to find loafers that fit. Tried just about everyone below Edward Green and finally found the Crockett & Jones Harvard. They are unlined and very flexible and they mold to your foot. The suede model fits insanely well. C&J carries a few choices but Ben Silver has many made for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads