• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official dating thread

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
OK, was thinking about this on the way to work....decided to spin off a dating thread from my last two nights out with the fairer sex... I enjoyed both nights, but don't think either is heading anywhere any time soon...here's my roll report:
Originally Posted by m@T
This week is shaping up very nicely. Date tonight with a Burmese girl I met last week, date tomorrow night with an Australian Vietnamese girl that I took out once before about a month ago, but scheduling has kept bumping date#2 with
strike 1, strike 2. Burmese girl was really cool, connected very nicely, but she has a long distance bf in China. She is pretty open about the fact that that relationship is on its deathbed. Dinner at a restaurant called Xu, then went for tequila shots and shisha at rooftop bar Casbah. Night ended with a small kiss and me saying 'call me when you end it with your boyfriend'. She laughed and texted me later saying she had a great night and thanks...but I meant it....I did long distance for 2 yrs and kind of have some degree of empathy for ppl doing it. I would be more likely to **** with that if he lived around the corner than when he lives in another country and has a webcam girlfriend. Damn moral compass. Tonight - Thai restaurant with Aussie VNese girl. She's cool and all, but I am not especially interested, and I don't think she is either. No connection there, so move on. She did pay, which impressed me. On our first date I picked up the tab. She, being Australian, comes hard wired with the same sense of fair play that we are nationally cursed with and insisted on paying, even though the bill was considerably higher than on date 1. I think this is cool. Otherwise, she is hot, but meh. Nice person though. Hug, goodnight, let's do this again sometime. I've penciled her in for nineteen-ninety-never.
Next cab off the rank for me (other than a dirty weekend ahead with my lil Indonesian FB) is an American Vietnamese girl. We went out once before, and really hit it off. We hooked up one night out at a club...and I haven't seen her since. However in the interim, Ive heard some unsavory things about her...seems a bunch of my friend's tongues have found their way into that mouth as well...not sure how I feel about that. Anyhow, she texts me a lot, and we have penciled something in for late next week (I am away from tomorrow til Sat, but lil Indo friend will be here til Mon), she has clients in town from Mon - Wed next week...so she suggests next Thursday, but to be honest, I don't think she is really worth skipping boxing for...nor wasting a Friday/Saturday night on....so maybe Sun. So...who's dating who? How did it go? Women reviews? Moral/ethical dilemmas? Payment issues...whatever...bring em on.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
for me, same girl since high school. Makes life easier.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
for me, same girl since high school. Makes life easier.

cheers.gif
+1

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've found dating to be too fraught with drama.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I've found dating to be too fraught with drama.

you're doing it wrong

1e5u2a.gif

took care of the hat problem too.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
for the serious note: payment - I still pay for all. Unless ahead of time I hear a "I'm taking you out".

Biggest thing that I still can't do right - she walks slow. I am a train. Gotta slow it down.

reviews? Haven't looked back once in the years since.

tor

Reaction score
My school's environment just doesn't lend itself to dating. It's almost entirely a drunk hook up and never call kind of place. There's no social drinking, and the school is small yet excessively cliqueish. I've been trying to find ways to expand my social circle. The best idea I have is to just join a ton of clubs and activities. We'll see how that turns out.

But yeah, seriously, no one goes out on dates here.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're doing it wrong

1e5u2a.gif

Lulz. I date a girl I work with, and its perfect.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread's not official until it's pinned.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I haz management. Tis official. Contribute now to the Ronald McDonald foundation or risk intermittent timeouts for threatening my authority in my own thread....

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I haz management. Tis official. Contribute now to the Ronald McDonald foundation or risk intermittent timeouts for threatening my authority in my own thread....

I contributed a dollar to the St. Jude's children's hospital when checking out at the drug store the other day. Will that suffice?
frown.gif

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, when the girl pays, she's telling you she's dating you.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're doing it wrong

1e5u2a.gif

lol, holy god, what is that from?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably MTV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads