• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Crate Vs. Farinelli's Contest Thread

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
1crateadj.jpg
VS.
1far.jpg
CRATE VS. FARINELLI'S JEANS CONTEST RULES
1) The contest will officially begin July 1st, 2009. 2) Every owner of a pair of Crate vs. Farinelli's (CvsF) jeans is qualified to participate in the contest without discrimination. 3) There is no fee to participate, however, every participant is required to send an email to [email protected] declaring their intent to enter the contest as well as their user name or initials. Participants will be assigned contest numbers at random with the full list to be displayed in the Official Contest Thread. 4) The deadline to email [email protected] with intent to participate in the contest is 30 days after July 1st, 2009. This is to accommodate potential participants not associated with this forum, shipping delays, changes of heart, and other special circumstances. There is no penalty for late registration, however, the contest judging dates will not be adjusted because of late participation. Participants registered after July 1st, 2009, will be assigned contest numbers based on their order of registration. 5) There will be two separate judging events: the first at the Farinelli's Holiday party in December and the second around July 1st, 2010. Specific dates will be determined at a later time but each judging event will coincide with an official party at a Farinelli's store. 6) Participants may choose to submit their jeans for contest consideration for either event or both. 7) The first judging event (~6 months) will require all participants to email at least 2 photos of their jeans: one of a full front shot and one of a full back shot. Additional photos will be encouraged for better detail but the jeans will be judged primarily from front and back photos. PHOTOS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO [email protected] AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO DATE OF JUDGING EVENT. ANY PHOTOS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THIS EVENT. These photos will be presented at the Farinelli's store during the party at which point partygoers will be able to vote for their favorite pair by ballot. An online poll may also be made available for voting during the party but this will be taken into consideration at a later date. At the end of the party, a single winner will be announced. In the event of a tie, Mauro reserves the right to declare the winner. All decisions will be final. 8) The winner of the 6 month event will win bragging rights as well as ACTIVE PARTICIPATION in a future Farinelli's collaboration project to be determined as well as all right therein. 9) The second judging event (1 year) will require all participants to email at least 2 photos of their jeans: one of a full front shot and one of a full back shot. Additional photos will be encouraged for better detail but the jeans will be judged primarily from front and back photos. PHOTOS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO [email protected] AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO DATE OF JUDGING EVENT. ANY PHOTOS RECEIVED AFTER THIS TIME WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THIS EVENT. These photos will be presented at the Farinelli's store during the party at which point Mauro solely will declare the winner. All decisions will be final. 10) The winner of the 1 year event Grand Prize will win bragging rights, an all-inclusive trip to visit Mauro at his store, and ACTIVE PARTICIPATION in a future Farinelli's collaboration project to be determined as well as all right therein. In the event that the winner resides outside North America or can not make the trip due to special circumstances, an option of a $500 spree at Farinelli's will be offered along with the participation in the future collaboration. Mauro reserves the right to determine which prizes will be offered to any winner, regardless of winner's status or requirements, with all made decisions being final. 11) Just have fun with these jeans, people. Beat them up, make them your own, and if you're lucky you might just win.
List of Participants:
1. Contingency Plan 2. Mazda 3. thats.mana 4. AdamHa21 aka "Chunk" 5. db_ggmm 6. Tooj 7. warrengharding 8. Francis 91 9. Onion 10. k4ppah 11. flesy 12. stephenhj 13. quevola 14. DrPat 15. dopey 16. th0rbahn 17. skunkworks 18. bows1 19. warlok1965 20. Sweetapple 21. grundletaint aka "the Curse" 22. Warren G. 23. mrburnz 24. randomkoreandude 25. BoSu 26. cchen 27. JD_May 28. premo 29. mmm 30. epsilon 31. Johnny5 32. Toddy 33. JSTF 34. Kill_switch 35. connor 36. Chip 37. Blog Marley 38. PartagasIV

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, can't wait ;]
Gl to everyone.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in as soon as I receive em and confirm the fit will work for me.

Then its on like Donkey Kong.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
2) Every owner of a pair of Crate vs. Farinelli's (CvsF) jeans is qualified to participate in the contest without discrimination.

Cool, thanks.

JSTF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I'll be in as soon as I receive em and confirm the fit will work for me.

me too. i just hope i'll be home in time

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
let's get this thing started!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I've updated the OP with the list of people who've signed up so far. Because of the repair issues there'll be more time added for you to get your stuff straight and decide to commit. Unofficially, the contest has already begun as people have already started wearing their jeans but like we've said before, a week or two head start or delay probably won't mean much to the people who are going to treat these suckers hard anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads