• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Has CP ever made an Achilles in white suede? I think they’d be so cool.

They did a couple seasons ago, I've seen them pop up on Grailed a couple of times. They were retro lows in white suede with a black heel tab. Very cool indeed.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These?

ED89E917-869F-43FE-89DA-F236AF224D98.jpeg

CB9A1AE4-17D5-43AE-871D-E94BDB2A9FFD.jpeg

Roscius

Reaction score
Just received my 1842 Bball lows and for those looking for sizing advice for these (which seem almost exclusive to MrPorter), it fits arguably larger than corresponding Achilles.
I ordered a 41 due to my past experience with another Bball low model (Vintage) which I sized down to 40. For that model the fit is more like achilles and so sizing down led to an uncomfortable fit from the get go and could not be compensated for with wear nor shoe trees.
HOWEVER, 1842s are not the same. At 41, they feel large immediately with far more length and allowing my foot to slide back and forth despite tightening the laces and sizing down to a 40 produce a more snug but still comfortable fit that would be more amenable to changes over time.
I reckon that this is for a few reasons:
Length- I believe this remains similar between sizes. The reason the shoes feels longer is because of
Width- The 1842 is likely wider to allow more functional length as well as ...
Height- there is more volume vertically which results in a more comfortable fit.

So yeh, I've been burned twice by CP bball sizing. Hope this helps

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
I don't think I've written anything more often on this forum than the warning to size down two sizes (i.e. one smaller than Achilles or more recent Balls) for the 1842s. I've posted comparison photos and measurements a few times. I wish you'd asked!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointing... wrinkled almost straight away. these are going in the trash

Attachments

• D9DB1A79-5A0A-4C8B-9D0A-D440CB41CE13.jpeg
    D9DB1A79-5A0A-4C8B-9D0A-D440CB41CE13.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 778

Bingale

Reaction score
Good eye! The tan suede pair is retro. It’s also the only pair I own in size 42. All the others are size 41. For reference, I wear 9.5 in Nike’s and 9E in Allen Edmonds. The 42 is a bit loose, but I find the insole and tongue particularly thick, which helped making the shoe more snug. There is a noticeable bounce when walking with the extra padding.
I personally prefer the regular Achilles fit better.

The grey suede pair is perforated and part of the summer line. The sole is thinner and it has a canvas lining interior.
What size are the grey summer ones?
I really want them in a 41 but they are hard to find now. If they are a 41 and you consider selling them, let me know!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that some sort of joke?

nope. the picture really doesn't show how bad they are.
these are maybe my 6th pair of CPs and none of them have wrinkled like this. they just look cheap and dirty.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my 10 year old go-to CPs with maybe 500 wears on them look a million times better than those.

I could wear them another 10 years and they wont look that bad.

Bingale

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy or know of brands of replacement shoelaces or ones that look similiar for the Achilles white and grey 7543 colorway?? Cheers!

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BNIB pair of SZ 40 white Achilles mid-tops for $230 shipped in the US - holla at me!

explorerone

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out regarding bball low sizing?

I have the achilles in the 1528 model in size 43

For the 2155 model of the bball low should I get a 42 or 43?

Thank you!!! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads