• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohaan93

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tennis Pros fit a little bigger than the achilles? i like a 41 in Achilles but found a size 40 in Tennis Pro, wondering if they will be ok

TennisPro.jpg

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Tennis Pros fit a little bigger than the achilles? i like a 41 in Achilles but found a size 40 in Tennis Pro, wondering if they will be ok

I'm a solid 41 in Achilles. Older BBalls I'm 40 and newer BBalls a 41.

I bought a pair of Tennis Pro in a 41. Great looking shoe that I really wanted to keep but they were just too small for me.

I took out the inner sole and it's super deep like an Air Max sole. I tried replacing with a normal depth BBall inner sole and the shoe felt like an okay fit but like I was defeating the purpose of the shoe. This Tennis Pro *feels* like a padded sports shoe and the slimmer sole felt like my foot was sitting too low in the shoe.

I wore them around my very clean apartment a couple of times for ten minutes but had to decide they were too small. I wanted to try a pair of 42s but I couldn't get the same deal.

Maybe the shoe just didn't suit my foot or what I was expecting from a pair of CPs.

But I'm going to be amazed if a pair of 40s fits you.

Yohaan93

Reaction score
I'm a solid 41 in Achilles. Older BBalls I'm 40 and newer BBalls a 41.

I bought a pair of Tennis Pro in a 41. Great looking shoe that I really wanted to keep but they were just too small for me.

I took out the inner sole and it's super deep like an Air Max sole. I tried replacing with a normal depth BBall inner sole and the shoe felt like an okay fit but like I was defeating the purpose of the shoe. This Tennis Pro *feels* like a padded sports shoe and the slimmer sole felt like my foot was sitting too low in the shoe.

I wore them around my very clean apartment a couple of times for ten minutes but had to decide they were too small. I wanted to try a pair of 42s but I couldn't get the same deal.

Maybe the shoe just didn't suit my foot or what I was expecting from a pair of CPs.

But I'm going to be amazed if a pair of 40s fits you.

Oh wow, ok! Thanks for the insight!

I would say I'm the same as you, 41 in a Achilles, and 40 in older Balls. My first pair of Achilles was a 40, and they stretched out eventually, but once i tried on a 41 there was no comparison. Usually wear a size 8.5 - 9 US in Adidas / Nike

Trying hard to find a pair of Tennis Pros in a 41 but they are nowhere and they don't come up for sale much on Grailed either.
Love the look of the tennis pro and would love to get my hands on a pair that fits me! I really hope they bring it back someday, along with the BBalls with the tumbled leather toe box and side panels.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for the white /grey tennis pros for a while and had no luck. A few smaller sizes have popped up on Yoox over the last 6 months fwiw.

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
The 1842 on Mr Porter still has the smooth leather on the toe box and side panel. They made an 1842 with a pebble grain toe box and side panel that I'm after. Thanks though!

There is only one 1842 style and it has the pebble grain toe box and side panel.

Here is a close up of the shoe.

This is the shoe they are selling on Mr Porter.

Attachments

• pebble.png
    pebble.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 250

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is only one 1842 style and it has the pebble grain toe box and side panel.

Here is a close up of the shoe.

This is the shoe they are selling on Mr Porter.

this is what i bought. it's not as clean as the other version, but you aren't going to find the other version anywhere else. and in the end, it does wear better overtime as the creases aren't as outsized. very good shoe

wrongandright

Reaction score
I have two pairs for sale. Prices are in USD and includes shipping within NA. Payment to be sent as family/friends or +4%.

1897 Suede Chelsea in Tan (1302)
size 42
brand new
$350

- Photos to come

2133 Derby Shine in Black
size 42
worn once - $325

IMG_3419.JPG IMG_3422.JPG IMG_3425.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads