• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grayfox

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind as long as the laces matched... but it's such a strange contrast just looks like an error.
It looks like the 'taupe' colorway, maybe a mixup in the factory. I'm sure it will be an easy exchange process

Hydeous

Reaction score
Selling a 43 chelsea in tan colorway, PM me if anybody’s interested.

smansoor

Reaction score
Hi friends, is the Women’s Retro Achilles identical to the Men’s sizing? Looking at Model 3893 and comparing to men’s 2200. There is not Retro Achilles for the men’s in a size 40 near me that I can find, just women’s. Wondering if it’s the same length, and most importantly the same width (which is why I’m going Retro vs. Regular Achilles) .

Thanks!

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a BNIB pair of white Achilles mid-top in SZ 40 for $250 shipped CONUS - please pm for details!

etlman99

Reaction score
Anybody else have a pair of CPs with crooked stamping? Not happy...

Attachments

• IMG_2554 (1).jpg
    IMG_2554 (1).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 199

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi guys, does the suede originals stretch out more compared to the leather (non suede) originals? The leather originals don't work for me re width, but the retros work perfect; considering buying a pair of suede ATM and hoping they stretch more. Thanks.

Last edited:

Crossbones

Reaction score
Hi guys, does the suede originals stretch out more compared to the leather (non suede) originals? The leather originals don't work for me re width, but the retros work perfect; considering buying a pair of suede ATM and hoping they stretch more. Thanks.

I assume you are referring to the suede achilles originals. If so then no, they don't stretch more than the leather achilles. I have both leather and suede, they fit practically the same, maybe a bit more narrow in the toe box on the suede ones.

YoDannyB

Reaction score
It looks like the 'taupe' colorway, maybe a mixup in the factory. I'm sure it will be an easy exchange process
Returned the original pair and received a second pair in the mail today. Literally the same exact issue. The leather doesn't match the laces at all. I spoke with a buddy who purchased a pair last month from Mr Porter. He said he had the same exact issue with two different pairs. Looks like it's not a fluke thing. Common Projects must have changed something... for the worse. Debating on returning them and finding something else. They just look weird. :(

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dammit.
All you people saying b-ball’s have changed sizing are right. I didn’t believe you. I bought a pair of black ones during that whole discussion and they fit how they usually do but I’m guessing now that pair was just a leftover from the previous season. They are same as Achilles now.

Has everything shifted to align with the Achilles? I remember buying the track sneakers about 2 years ago in my usual 44 and I had to return them, and that was because of length not width. I didn’t like them enough to try a 45 at the time.

Compared to Achilles, both 44
2412A777-CD9F-45CD-9343-7F21222B47AF.jpeg

Compared to b-ball’s from ~ 3 years ago, both 44
C704AFB7-09CE-45D5-A77B-4664ACC3C22B.jpeg

If anybody is looking for some 44 white b-ball’s let me know. I got a good price and will pass it on, otherwise I’ll return them.
Serial is 2193 44 0506

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
View attachment 1218474

Wow thats pretty crazy. Better in the long run for the consumer though.

Re: white achilles with coke white laces - pretty sure this has been the case all along or at least for past several years although maybe the difference may be more stark now? Here are pics from 2015 of my 0506 white achilles (and bball that fit 1/2 size large) in indoor light looking monochrome, and under sunlight with the laces looking bleached. Didn't bother me as much as how ridiculously bright the whole shoe looked when new. Now that theyre well worn the whole thing looks like a dirty white.

DSC04353-.jpg
DSC04379.JPG

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following up on the post below; Italist returns are HORRENDOUS, so if anybody wants a great deal for those 44 bballs I'm looking for 250 shipped in the US.

Dammit.
All you people saying b-ball’s have changed sizing are right. I didn’t believe you. I bought a pair of black ones during that whole discussion and they fit how they usually do but I’m guessing now that pair was just a leftover from the previous season. They are same as Achilles now.

Has everything shifted to align with the Achilles? I remember buying the track sneakers about 2 years ago in my usual 44 and I had to return them, and that was because of length not width. I didn’t like them enough to try a 45 at the time.

Compared to Achilles, both 44
View attachment 1218473

View attachment 1218474

If anybody is looking for some 44 white b-ball’s let me know. I got a good price and will pass it on, otherwise I’ll return them.
Serial is 2193 44 0506

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just landed!! What do y'all think?
1465581F-FDF0-4C66-B3D1-1FC4C473E4A5.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads