• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bingale

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone if you can still get the bballs 1842 and if so, what site ships internationally? The bballs i see in store are different models.
Thanks in advance

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone if you can still get the bballs 1842 and if so, what site ships internationally? The bballs i see in store are different models.
Thanks in advance

The only place is Mr Porter

Maroche

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm selling a pair of bball 2193 size 43 for those interested. Unfortunately a bit too small for me, worn 4-5 times, 280 euros shipping included to Europe.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 294

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some sizing assistance on Suede Achilles
Brannock - 8
Vans Old Skools - 8.5
Chucks - 7.5

Based on research it seems I’m a size 40.

Thoughts?

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Need some sizing assistance on Suede Achilles
Brannock - 8
Vans Old Skools - 8.5
Chucks - 7.5

Based on research it seems I’m a size 40.

Thoughts?

Hard to tell...you may even be between 40 and 41. I'm in the "go TTS" camp though (brannock 9 1/4, 42 og achilles is perfect). The achilles with chevron on the side which are often suede fit 1/2 size tighter I'd say and the thin sole'd "retro" achilles fit 1/2 size larger. If I were you I wouldn't listen to any sizing advice on here and go try some on, whether in store or by online/return.

Edit: fwiw I'd lean towards 41 if I were you. Slightly too big >>>>>> slightly too small (I don't believe in stretching shoes...been there done that and failed on 3 pairs...if they fit, they shouldn't stretch...shoes are not pants)

straydog1800

Reaction score
Just bought a used pair of Achilles Low (1528) in black. There is no embossing. There is no depth to the numbers on the side and there is no lettering or depth on the insole. Can anybody tell me if CP has made Achilles without embossed lettering? Have I been duped?

My two other CPs (Bball Low and Achilles Velcro) bought from official stockists have embossed lettering on the side and insole.

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a pair of Tan Chelsea Boots. $301.75 Shipped from END.

VincentC

Reaction score
Do newer versions of Achilles have a different, thinner style of font for the serial number? I've noticed this. Picked up a new pair in 42 to try the sizing again (from Peggs & Son). Much different "font" than my 41's. Also, how much space to the tip of the shoe ahead of your big toe does everyone typically have?

WbwGPaf.jpg

grayfox

Reaction score
I honestly think the gold stamp varies. My combat boots have lettering that is bleeding more than your top photo, then my suede pair is like your bottom photo. My achilles is like your top photo exactly though.

All over the place, I wouldn't overthink it.

VincentC

Reaction score
I honestly think the gold stamp varies. My combat boots have lettering that is bleeding more than your top photo, then my suede pair is like your bottom photo. My achilles is like your top photo exactly though.

All over the place, I wouldn't overthink it.

Thanks bud. Weird quirk I suppose.

YoDannyB

Reaction score
Hey all, just received my first pair of Common Projects from Nordstrom's website (Original Achilles Low, White, 1528 42 0506). When I got them in the mail, I almost immediately noticed they didn't seem white. The laces are bleach white, while the shoes are almost a cream color. However, there is a dramatic difference when looking at them indoor vs outdoor. Indoor, the shoe and the laces match perfectly... while outdoor, the laces are bleach white, and the shoes don't look white at all. Is this normal? It's confusing the hell out of me. I wouldn't think Nordstrom would sell a knockoff, but maybe they are defective or old or something? Has anyone else noticed the laces not matching the leather at all? (attached images). Thanks.
CP_indoor.jpg
CP_outdoor.jpg

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably sent you the warm white achilles

YoDannyB

Reaction score
They probably sent you the warm white achilles
Hm, I don't think so, because that should have the gold stamp "3001" on them, and mine definitely have "0506" on them. I'm wondering if somehow the leather was darkened while sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Seems weird though. I think I'm going to send them back and exchange for a new pair in-store or something. Pretty bummed out.

etlman99

Reaction score
I've got a pair of warm whites with "3060" stamped on them. Is that the same color as "3001"?

grayfox

Reaction score
Weird. They look awesome though I prefer it to the coke white

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads