• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one gave detailed responses except Pale. Certainly you didn't. And maybe he even changed his mind after seeing other photos that weren't distorted and if not it's all good.

But you typing "this thread is the worst" like you're someone is just funny to me, so now you're getting clowned on your 1500 messages on a style forum (lol). Go fetch me a link for new size 43 or be useful.

The most useful advice I can offer you is to spend your efforts to make the extra $100 elsewhere, maybe mowing lawns this summer, bucko.

Reaction score
The most useful advice I can offer you is to spend your efforts to make the extra $100 elsewhere, maybe mowing lawns this summer, bucko.

I don't mow lawns. I'm a software engineer at Google. Heard of it? My apartment worth $1.6 mil now was paid for just from online poker back in the days. I'm doing just fine. You shouldn't assume you're richer than others. You probably aren't. And not sure what you mean by bucko but we don't talk like that in NYC.

For the record, this is coming from someone who can't afford an Allen Edmonds belt
"I like Allen Edmonds, but they're too expensive for my price range."

I'm laughing.

Anyways found a size 43 from Revolve but won't ship til July 12th.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to resolve your crisis, problem solved.

modagg

Reaction score
I don't mow lawns. I'm a software engineer at Google. Heard of it? My apartment worth $1.6 mil now was paid for just from online poker back in the days. I'm doing just fine. You shouldn't assume you're richer than others. You probably aren't. And not sure what you mean by bucko but we don't talk like that in NYC.

For the record, this is coming from someone who can't afford an Allen Edmonds belt
"I like Allen Edmonds, but they're too expensive for my price range."

I'm laughing.

Anyways found a size 43 from Revolve but won't ship til July 12th.

Your story about being a millionaire poker player who now works for Google is as fake as those shoes you posted.

VincentC

Reaction score
Aaaaaaanyways.

I really adore these basic-ass white lows. Still trying to realize if they're too small or if they will continue to break in. First few wears were a *****, but they're getting more comfy after each wear. I might still have to sell them off and size up one :rolleyes:. Well see. These are 41's. I just feel like 42's will both fit and look too big. Left foot is fine, right foot is the problem as it's about a half size bigger than my left.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried 42s yet? As long as you're comfortable to walk around in the 41s now, I would think they're okay.

reallypeacedoff

Reaction score
Just jelly you aren't a millionaire poker playing ubermensch. I bet he even has M U L T I P L E P A I R S of common projects.

Why is he trying to save $100 when he is a gazillionaire who works at Google? You should be buying ALL of us a pair for our very useful comments.

VincentC

Reaction score
Have you tried 42s yet? As long as you're comfortable to walk around in the 41s now, I would think they're okay.

I did. The 42's were perfect at first, but after breaking them in the had to be laced a little to tightly (causing crinkling between the eyelets) and my heels slipped. These 41's are right at the cusp of fitting lengthwise, and my right foot is snug in the toebox. They just look so much better on my feet though.

I can walk around in them fine for the most part. They get tighter towards the end of the day naturally, or if I've been sitting for a long while and get up (like after an hour drive in the car). These are also creasing so nicely compared to those 42's I had.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only 41.5 existed..

But yeah, I think the 41 is your best bet, when they're too long I dislike the unsightly wrinkling pattern in the toe box.

Seems like your problem is mostly shoe volume and not length, and thinner socks can help if you haven't already tried.

VincentC

Reaction score
If only 41.5 existed..

But yeah, I think the 41 is your best bet, when they're too long I dislike the unsightly wrinkling pattern in the toe box.

Seems like your problem is mostly shoe volume and not length, and thinner socks can help if you haven't already tried.

41.5 would be a godsend. You have no idea. I actually just met Mr. Poopat at my job a few weeks ago. I should have moaned about it to him lol.

I guess I'll continue to see if these progress further. It's better each time I wear them. I've only been wearing them with very thin no-show socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads