• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
fake. return them

Genuinely curious why everyone is saying they're fake, please give me reasons. Did you scroll through all the photos? The first one from the top makes them look weird but the toe box is as it should be if you see other photos.

I have 3 pairs of Achilles Low from department stores and can't tell any differences. Sick of paying retail and these look good for $250.

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
Toe box. The toe rises/bulges too soon. On real shoes the toe leather is totally flat with no upwards inclination. And the toe is too round. Real Achilles are shockingly pointed when not being worn.

Just buy them from a shop. How much money are you trying to save?

Reaction score
Toe box. The toe rises/bulges too soon. On real shoes the toe leather is totally flat with no upwards inclination. And the toe is too round. Real Achilles are shockingly pointed when not being worn.

Just buy them from a shop. How much money are you trying to save?

As I suspected, the first photo makes the toe box look wrong but it isn't, its just the angle of the photo. Did you scroll through the entire photos?

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
You haven't bought them yet or you 'd have better photos and better info. You're always going to worry they're not real and at $250 you deserve peace of mind. I don't think the toe looks good. It might be. One of the things with some second hand CPs is they've been stretched out of shape because someone has bought a size too small and now they need to sell them. If he says he hasn't worn them then definitely he's lying or they're fake. Either way I'm going to tell you this. The feeling you get when you take a brand new pair out of the box.... Maybe wear them for a week around the house like slippers because you don't want to make them dirty... Some powder because they're squeaking... You look at your feet in the mirror from different angles... Feel like the king of the world.

You're not going to get any of that. You're wearing someone's second hand shoes. To save $100.

Don't do it to yourself.

Reaction score
You haven't bought them yet or you 'd have better photos and better info. You're always going to worry they're not real and at $250 you deserve peace of mind. I don't think the toe looks good. It might be. One of the things with some second hand CPs is they've been stretched out of shape because someone has bought a size too small and now they need to sell them. If he says he hasn't worn them then definitely he's lying or they're fake. Either way I'm going to tell you this. The feeling you get when you take a brand new pair out of the box.... Maybe wear them for a week around the house like slippers because you don't want to make them dirty... Some powder because they're squeaking... You look at your feet in the mirror from different angles... Feel like the king of the world.

You're not going to get any of that. You're wearing someone's second hand shoes. To save $100.

Don't do it to yourself.

I agree with you with the peace of mind. Like I said, the first photo makes the toe box and whole shoe irregular, it's the angle of the photo. But having owned 3 pairs I don't see any flaws from the photos. There's even the marking of where the sticker was on the bottom that has been removed.

I haven't purchased them yet but the seller has 500 rating at 100%. They are adverstised as "Like New". I basically wear CP everyday in any weather so I don't mind a little use on them to save $100.

I cannot find size 43 for $350. Where are you guys seeing this? Farfetch ssense all don't have. So I'm looking elsewhere.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy them if you really want then. Don't ask for opinions if they're fake, get input and detailed responses from others, and then try to refute them.

Anything to save a few dollars. Jesus.

Reaction score
Just buy them if you really want then. Don't ask for opinions if they're fake, get input and detailed responses from others, and then try to refute them.

Anything to save a few dollars. Jesus.

No one gave detailed responses except Pale. Certainly you didn't. And maybe he even changed his mind after seeing other photos that weren't distorted and if not it's all good.

But you typing "this thread is the worst" like you're someone is just funny to me, so now you're getting clowned on your 1500 messages on a style forum (lol). Go fetch me a link for new size 43 or be useful.

cbusguy

Reaction score
no one can tell if a pair of shoes are fake from pictures. the seller could use authentic pictures, then send you a fake pair of shoes. buying from an authorized retailer is the only way to gurantee you are getting an authentic pair. if you are okay with the possibility of getting fake shoes, buy on the secondary market.

you can easily get a pair from $250-350 during sales season. obviously, white will be harder to get for that price.

this thread isn't the worst, but it's close. you have 7 posts in one day. you'll have 1500 posts in less than a year at that pace...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads