• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Also, am I crazy for being close to pulling the trigger on the new ss all orange Achilles? I’m a sucker for most things in orange, so I’m really tempted to get these. Convince me to hold off please.

https://tres-bien.com/common-projects-original-achilles-low-orange-ss19

That's not a bad orange:-D

It's a bit too saturated for my taste tho, a lighter more yellowish shade like hermes orange could be cool, but I've learned my lesson with colored CPs...red achilles high have been sitting on my shelf worn once in the past 2yrs, silver bball 0 in last 2yrs, vintage green maybe 5 times in the past year...love them all but definitely don't need them

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's a bit too saturated for my taste tho, a lighter more yellowish shade like hermes orange could be cool, but I've learned my lesson with colored CPs...red achilles high have been sitting on my shelf worn once in the past 2yrs, silver bball 0 in last 2yrs, vintage green maybe 5 times in the past year...love them all but definitely don't need them
This^. Agree colors are a bit too saturated and that makes them a bit hard to wear. You will end up reaching for something else every time.

If you are a Clemson fan, you may have reason to wear them. If so, go for them. (NB, the saturated colors end up lasting well into sale season when every bottom feeder on Reddit scoops them up).

_C350_

Reaction score
Get the bigger size. Countless people here and elsewhere on the web buy these too small and then complain about how uncomfortable they are.

Thanks for the tip. My feet are wide so I better go for a larger size.
Last thing I want to do is buy a $400 shoes and never wear it.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. My feet are wide so I better go for a larger size.
Last thing I want to do is buy a $400 shoes and never wear it.

Def larger size if you know you have wide feet. Had to learn the hard way on my first 3 pairs

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will it crease funny if it is a little long in the front

Not really? They're sneakers. If you're really worried go try on a pair of Achilles. Or buy, try, return

Edit: I just realized that I can answer this question specifically. My right foot is a half size smaller than my left. I have to buy the large size for obvious reasons, but you can see this pic and compare creasing. Fwiw I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Screenshot_20190307-205857_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

djan

Reaction score
Thanks! I have tried these on and 41 is slightly big and 40 is slightly small.
Do these stretch a lot? What would you recommend?
The sizing isn't easy. I wore 41 in CPs but realized they are just too long. Ended up selling 4 pairs of them and bought another pair in a size 40. In the beginning size 40 felt narrow width-wise but after some wear fit just fine. I'm definitely 40 in classic Achilles lows.

I wear US8 in Nike Air Force 1 and 40 in Achilles lows (all white and black w/ white sole).

Last edited:

Bingale

Reaction score
Stuck in same boat. 41 too large 40 bit tight width wise but maybe need to wear in leather more. I dont wear em frequently.
I am a US9 in nike flyknit racers. Anyone in same size as me in both??

I'm tempted in bballs now. Is a 40 in Achilles equivalent to a 40.5 41 in bballs size wise??
The sizing isn't easy. I wore 41 in CPs but realized they are just too long. Ended up selling 4 pairs of them and bought another pair in a size 40. In the beginning size 40 felt narrow width-wise but after some wear fit just fine. I'm definitely 40 in classic Achilles lows.

I wear US8 in Nike Air Force 1 and 40 in Achilles lows (all white and black w/ white sole).

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's true. I was wondering if I should just wait until the end of the season and try to snag them for a nice discount. Maybe I'll hold off on them.

This^. Agree colors are a bit too saturated and that makes them a bit hard to wear. You will end up reaching for something else every time.

If you are a Clemson fan, you may have reason to wear them. If so, go for them. (NB, the saturated colors end up lasting well into sale season when every bottom feeder on Reddit scoops them up).

Love my Tigers, so yeah that's why I love the orange ones haha. But, yes, I should probably hold off on them until they hit the discount rack.

My size 40 bballs fit great btw! I'll post a photo later today, but it's good to have these again. I love the bball design - honestly perhaps a little more than the achilles.

Has anyone tried the tan nubuck bballs? I am tempted on those as well.

https://www.fransboonestore.com/col...cts/products/common-projects-bball-nabuck-tan

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

interesting.........I'm a 8 in Nike as well but take 39 in Achilles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads