• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fal32

Reaction score

GTI388

Reaction score
Those suede achilles look REALLY good. How versatile are they? I've been meaning to pick up the white bball but there are so many killer deals on the suede achilles.

Can you post side profile pics of the heel and toe box of those mids? I remember reading there is a clear difference in the shape of the heel and toebox with fakes.

The dark blue I find isn’t very versatile since the blue is a bit hard to match blue jeans. I find the light grey and tanned ones are much easier to complement. I wear the white low Achilles and white bballs the most.
I have 3 pairs of Zespas, but they don’t get much wear. Nice quality, but the CPs are much more comfortable.

Will try to post a side photo later.

GTI388

Reaction score
are the suede pair the retros? If so, how do those fit compared to your other pairs?

Good eye! The tan suede pair is retro. It’s also the only pair I own in size 42. All the others are size 41. For reference, I wear 9.5 in Nike’s and 9E in Allen Edmonds. The 42 is a bit loose, but I find the insole and tongue particularly thick, which helped making the shoe more snug. There is a noticeable bounce when walking with the extra padding.
I personally prefer the regular Achilles fit better.

The grey suede pair is perforated and part of the summer line. The sole is thinner and it has a canvas lining interior.

Omareezy

Reaction score
hi,
do you know some europe/uk online shop where i able to buy bball - 1842 in size 41 or 42? what size should i take, if i have achilles low in size 42, they fits me perfect, thanks

lineate

Reaction score
hi,
do you know some europe/uk online shop where i able to buy bball - 1842 in size 41 or 42? what size should i take, if i have achilles low in size 42, they fits me perfect, thanks

I have both, and Bball is 1 size down. Bball are infinitely more comfortable as well. Why doesn’t this get more air play?

Just get them from Mr Porter. You’ll know they’re legit.

ThePaleKin

Reaction score
I have both, and Bball is 1 size down. Bball are infinitely more comfortable as well. Why doesn’t this get more air play?

Just get them from Mr Porter. You’ll know they’re legit.

More airplay? I must have over 100 posts on this thread about BBalls, BBall models and BBall sizing. I feel like I don't post about anything else.

Relevant to your post:

- 1842s were the last BBall model that size one lower than Achilles. And they're a 2015 shoe. Assume nothing with CP sizing.

- The other models still on sale - 2087, 2128, 2155 - all size same as Achilles.

- I have no doubt the 1842s that Mr Porter are selling are legit(imate) Common Projects. Of course they are. But I returned two pairs of size 40s I bought from them and in the end bought from somewhere else - because the cut and the stitching were so way off. If you're buying a £300+ pair of trainers then take the time to hold them in your hand and ask whether they're shoes the brand would have been super proud of or shoes that just about passed inspection on a Friday afternoon. I have the photos comparing a *good* and a *less good pair and the difference is pretty obvious.

I've got a pair of 1842, 2087 and 2128 and can't believe I haven't set them out next to each other to look more closely at the size differences. Maybe next week.

djan

Reaction score
Does anyone own both achilles low and 1897 chelsea boots? Should I get the same size in 1897 chelseas as I got in achilles lows. My achilles lows are already sized down and fits pretty snug. Thanks and sorry if these sizing questions are boring.

BigRed

Reaction score
Does anyone own both achilles low and 1897 chelsea boots? Should I get the same size in 1897 chelseas as I got in achilles lows. My achilles lows are already sized down and fits pretty snug. Thanks and sorry if these sizing questions are boring.

I wear the same size in both...keep in mind I would probably wear a half size down if they made 1/2 sizes.

djan

Reaction score
I wear the same size in both...keep in mind I would probably wear a half size down if they made 1/2 sizes.
does achilles fit bigger? chelseas looks rather narrow in pics.

BigRed

Reaction score
does achilles fit bigger? chelseas looks rather narrow in pics.

I feel like I could take a half size down more in the Chelsea vs the Achilles...if that helps

grayfox

Reaction score
I'm 43 in Achilles and 44 in the Chelsea. The 43 chelsea was WAY too tight in width. So unless you have super narrow feet then you should be going tts in the boots.

Richmondfrank

Reaction score
Yeah I have a wide foot and take a 42 in Achilles, I have a sz 42 in the boots and they are noticeably narrower, and are somewhat uncomfortable to wear. I personally can't size up in them though as then they will be too long. If your Achilles are already snug then go the size up but make sure the shop has a good return policy.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More airplay? I must have over 100 posts on this thread about BBalls, BBall models and BBall sizing. I feel like I don't post about anything else.

Relevant to your post:

- 1842s were the last BBall model that size one lower than Achilles. And they're a 2015 shoe. Assume nothing with CP sizing.

- The other models still on sale - 2087, 2128, 2155 - all size same as Achilles.

- I have no doubt the 1842s that Mr Porter are selling are legit(imate) Common Projects. Of course they are. But I returned two pairs of size 40s I bought from them and in the end bought from somewhere else - because the cut and the stitching were so way off. If you're buying a £300+ pair of trainers then take the time to hold them in your hand and ask whether they're shoes the brand would have been super proud of or shoes that just about passed inspection on a Friday afternoon. I have the photos comparing a *good* and a *less good pair and the difference is pretty obvious.

I've got a pair of 1842, 2087 and 2128 and can't believe I haven't set them out next to each other to look more closely at the size differences. Maybe next week.

need fit pics of bballs...pictures are worth 1000 words

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads