• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slam

Reaction score
I just got some warm grey and the RG x CP in dark grey. Planning on returning one of them. Haven't seen these in person. Opinions on which is better. I paid $230 vs $300.

Edit: Also, I'm normally a 10.5 in most shoes. I bought a size 43 reading they are long and narrow. Does this sound like the right size for me?

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got some warm grey and the RG x CP in dark grey. Planning on returning one of them. Haven't seen these in person. Opinions on which is better. I paid $230 vs $300.

Edit: Also, I'm normally a 10.5 in most shoes. I bought a size 43 reading they are long and narrow. Does this sound like the right size for me?

It'll be fine size wise. Keep warm grey. RG ones are just average at best

slam

Reaction score

It'll be fine size wise. Keep warm grey. RG ones are just average at best

Wow. Thanks for the info. I figured the RG ones would be better based on the high price. Also, I'm a little worried the warm grey ones I ordered were women's boots. The size is right, 43, but when I click on the email confirmation, it takes me to the women's boot. Could have screwed that order up.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. Thanks for the info. I figured the RG ones would be better based on the high price. Also, I'm a little worried the warm grey ones I ordered were women's boots. The size is right, 43, but when I click on the email confirmation, it takes me to the women's boot. Could have screwed that order up.

If they don't work out, based on size, let me know. I'd love to take them off your hands for more than you paid.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone seen white 3 strap Achilles for sale?

Looking for a 41

tonicab

Reaction score
About size:

11 in Nike and Reebok.
10,5 in Vans and Adidas.
10 in Red Wing shoes.
9,5 in Alden Barrie and 1000 Mile Wolverine.

CP ¿42 or 43?

Last edited:

tonicab

Reaction score
Model is Common Project Court leather.

Is the same size than Achilles?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on the RGxCP's in dark grey. I have the tobacco suede CPs and Black zip-ups from SeF.

They are on a good sale right now for $480CAD shipped w/ taxes + duties.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on the RGxCP's in dark grey. I have the tobacco suede CPs and Black zip-ups from SeF.

They are on a good sale right now for $480CAD shipped w/ taxes + duties.
Feel like, as nice as they are, it would have to be a decision based mostly on wanting to add that colour to your lineup, as all of them are pretty similar in terms of the type of silhouette they give

slam

Reaction score

About size:

11 in Nike and Reebok.
10,5 in Vans and Adidas.
10 in Red Wing shoes.
9,5 in Alden Barrie and 1000 Mile Wolverine.

CP ¿42 or 43?

I'm similar to you.

10 in Alden Barrie
10.5 in Vans and Adidas and just about everything else. Occasionally an 11.

I ordered 43's because I have a pretty standard width, or slightly narrow and everyone says these run long.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feel like, as nice as they are, it would have to be a decision based mostly on wanting to add that colour to your lineup, as all of them are pretty similar in terms of the type of silhouette they give

Yeah, and I don't know if it would provide that much more versatility over my straight black leather side-zips, but the price point is really cheap compared to what it has been all season?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads